Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Gaddis going to the Wing-T gives me the impression that he doesn't think our line will be able to block in a normal spread offense. I have a lot more important things to worry about in my life, but like catswild I'm kinda worried about it. You can have all the athletes in the world but if your line can't block it means squat.

West, Gibbs and Webb doesn't have very big lines.  They run an offenses that allows for lineman to be successful if they are technically sound and tough. 

I agree with Catswild. You better do more than throw up for Tee.  Several good receivers returning from 2013 team. What I noticed at Rhea County game is they had several times that WRs were open due to Safeties leaving to help over top with Higgins but they still forced it to Higgins.  #2 and #14 3 times were running by themselves. I sat with Rhea County fan and he said wow we can't cover all of them we better fix this.

To give Middleton some slack, he was in a learning mode in more ways than one. I think you will see him bloom next year, kinda like he did at the end of basketball this year. He's a work in progress, he hasn't been coached in the past like he is now.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

I doubt Gaddis would let this out the bag if he was thinking it.  Maybe one of his coaches said something outside about it but I doubt Gaddis would be broadcasting this outside so it may not even be true. It doesn't make since for what's returning but I understand a couple of things that we all should think about.First  

1.  There is no guarantee that this is true.

2. Gaddis is thinking about not just this year but what he needs to sustain a program over time. Tee Higgins will be gone eventually.  Getting 6'4 kids that's as athletic as he is, is not common.

3.  Most offensive schemes now a days have bits and pieces of everything. You can mix to fit your program

4.  They have good coaches with a lot of experience.

5.  Gaddis has other offenses before.

6.  He used to be an I guy, now spread guy and through all has been successful so IF he is using the wing T or a form of double wing I would bet he knows 1st his coaches can coach it, 2nd it doesn't go away from the offensive system (the way they call plays, hole assignments) and 3rd it will fit the kids in his system in the future to come.

To give Middleton some slack, he was in a learning mode in more ways than one. I think you will see him bloom next year, kinda like he did at the end of basketball this year. He's a work in progress, he hasn't been coached in the past like he is now.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

True. I'd say he also took a year off from working out and conditioning after he left Powell. I expect a better player this year.

Three days ago, two unknown posters with a history of four and twelve posts, got the ball rolling on this new wing-T, copying Rhea County stuff. Think my friends.

Listen to NuWildcat and other trusted sources. I could be wrong, but the wing-T is not a topic of discussion in my house. Tee will get his (a lot) and Middleton will be used (a lot) and the Cats will win (a lot). Just a hunch.

Edited by OR nole

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

So you are saying that previous coaches didn't coach Darel? Come on now. OR had a SC team last year and fell short. Anything less than a SC this season will be a travesty. Sorry to ORcat Double S but that's the way I see it.

Travesty? That's a little strong Vul. We are just hoping to get back to a championship game and try to win it. If we come up short it will be disappointing for sure, but I wouldn't say travesty.

We are not running the wing-T.

We did not lose to Rhea Co. because they run the wing t. We lost because the offense had a bad night.

Edited by oridgecat

Travesty? That's a little strong Vul. We are just hoping to get back to a championship game and try to win it. If we come up short it will be disappointing for sure, but I wouldn't say travesty.

We are not running the wing-T.

We did not lose to Rhea Co. because they run the wing t. We lost because the offense had a bad night.

Travesty!!!

Edited by Knoxvul