Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Lol...after we lost to Rhea County a few people on this forum seemed to like the Wing T and wished we ran it. Maybe Gaddis listened.  Unless Gaddis has lost his brain I'm sure that no matter what offense we run that he will get the ball to Tee. We got the ball to Tee plenty vs Rhea County and still lost to a Wing T team. I'm not too worried about this and I can't believe anyone is getting upset about it. Chill.....and get ready for spring practice. At least we're talking football again. Hey, maybe we'll run the Single Wing!!!!!

Jackie Pope style?

Just because Rhea beat us using the Wing-T doesn't mean we have to switch to it. I guess every other team they beat should also switch to it huh? Lol I don't know I will trust Joe in this he has been doing this a long time. I just recall us going to the Wing-T in the late 90s after Bohanon left when we had Kiki Houston @RB and it didn't work out to well then. Never been a fan of that offense, but I will trust they know what they're doing. Just seems a bit odd to me. Our guys are going to have to learn a whole new offensive scheme. Doesn't bode well for the upcoming season IMO. Oh well I guess we will see.

Just because Rhea beat us using the Wing-T doesn't mean we have to switch to it. I guess every other team they beat should also switch to it huh? Lol I don't know I will trust Joe in this he has been doing this a long time. I just recall us going to the Wing-T in the late 90s after Bohanon left when we had Kiki Houston @RB and it didn't work out to well then. Never been a fan of that offense, but I will trust they know what they're doing. Just seems a bit odd to me. Our guys are going to have to learn a whole new offensive scheme. Doesn't bode well for the upcoming season IMO. Oh well I guess we will see.

If we really go to the Wing T then we should be better prepared for Rhea County in the playoffs! Lol

This would be great. And there is no better place than Oak Ridge to get this type of facility. Oak Ridge has always had the best. It is a shame that it has taken that long for the facilities to be upgraded with the tradition and expectations of the community. I read how they are going to make it a entertainment venue also.  That is very smart.  I would love to go shake my groove thing again (tell I'm a 60-70's guy) with the Temptations or even a little Eagles.

Wing T??? If so, I don't agree but do understand.  You have to be able to run the football. Rhea County and Cleveland defended the run with 5 defenders many times. Living in Texas for a long stint I know that run and shoot came from double wing formation. Not every double wing formation team runs wing T. Actually wing T is from the T formation and broke one of the backs off to a wing that gives you 2 backs (1 offset)  and a wing.  Webb runs Wing T; Rhea County is more single wing concept, union city run triple option, and Dobynns Bennett was more run and shoot a couple of years ago. But all uses double wing. This being Gaddis 3rd year i would hope they find something and stick with it for a while.

Wing T??? If so, I don't agree but do understand. You have to be able to run the football. Rhea County and Cleveland defended the run with 5 defenders many times. Living in Texas for a long stint I know that run and shoot came from double wing formation. Not every double wing formation team runs wing T. Actually wing T is from the T formation and broke one of the backs off to a wing that gives you 2 backs (1 offset) and a wing. Webb runs Wing T; Rhea County is more single wing concept, union city run triple option, and Dobynns Bennett was more run and shoot a couple of years ago. But all uses double wing. This being Gaddis 3rd year i would hope they find something and stick with it for a while.

I agree...I don't care what our offense is but we better be able to run the ball better than we have been lately. Looking at last year's roster in the program, It looks like our line will be very small. I'm worried.