CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

Here you go a jonnypopup!I give the credit to CHSs coaching staff they had it together and yes they were the better team AS I SAID!GB didnt adjust and didnt play well either but CHS had alot to do with that.It was a upset that CHS won but they deserved it.If you were a real CHS fan you wouldnt just show up when the getting is good.34,theman,polar and rt have been supporting them all yr.Good luck to CHS i would love to see a story about this game if a win could happen.

You don't; know me so don't comment on what type of fan I am. I am a graduate of Coalfield and played during a time when we didn't get a whole of fan support. I first made an coacht account in high school but never have really posted just read the posts on here. I made a new account because  I got a new computer and couldn't remember my password.  I supported the team through good and bad and fact that I have decided to post more on this site right now doesn't mean I'm some bandwagon fan.

Thats exactly my thoughts, The teams that win on most years are just very good teams,you see Greatness every few years. I know when their out there and know what they look like. UC fits the bill.

You're right Pujo. Good teams routinely win 1A, but every so often you have a 1A team come through that is on par with 3A. This is just one of those groups. I have no doubt 1A as a whole will be tougher next season than this year, but it won't produce a team as deadly as this tornado bunch this year.

I have a quick question, How can a city with a population of over 10,000 have high school that is only single A? I'm just asking because I live in Clinton and we have a population of around 10,000 and have a 5A high school.

It is my understanding that about half of the kids eligible to go to UCHS go to the two county schools - Obion County Central & South Fulton.  Union City recently had graduating classes of under 60 students & under 80 students according to friends of mine that live there.  I've also been told that their enrollment is growing year by year & the next classification period in two years may have them in the 2A ranks in football.

You're right Pujo. Good teams routinely win 1A, but every so often you have a 1A team come through that is on par with 3A. This is just one of those groups. I have no doubt 1A as a whole will be tougher next season than this year, but it won't produce a team as deadly as this tornado bunch this year.

And the Coalfield fans thats never seen this type of team is gonna be in shock. Seeing is believing Not you're average 1a Champ

Yeah there you are.  I just love your better than everybody attitude.  You are something else.  Hopefully one of those wins comes against CF.  See ya next year? Hope we can meet up cause you are a hoot!

Not better than anyone and I sure don't act like it, so don't think that you know me when we haven't even met...just tired of all the bull coming from Copper Basin fans...you guys think you are football kings and you aren't...I never once said anything bad about Copper Basin, but I am rethinking my thoughts on you guys...You need to go back and re-read my posts...nothing you will find suggest that I think I'm better than anyone...just give my opinions and predictions...you sir should have your complex disorder checked out.

I have met a few of the posters from CoachT and they will tell you exactly how I am...

Edited by jackets34

So is Clinton High School, if I'm being an idiot and missing something I'm sorry but want a better answer than its a city school.

There have been countless debates on the subject and they are every where on this 1A board. I am not explaining it all again. If you want a better answer go through these pages or look for your answer elsewhere. I will only say this. There are 3 schools in Obion County- Union City 1A, South Fulton 1A and Obion County Central who is moving up to 5A next season. It is open zoning in our county and the parents choose where their kids go to school. I don't know why so many kids from the city limits get on a bus every day and go to OCC. IT could be because UC is a Magnet School and the curriculum is harder or for any one of a thousand reasons. If you want to know more then go find it.

Not better than anyone and I sure don't act like it, so don't think that you know me when we haven't even met...just tired of all the bull coming from Copper Basin fans...you guys think you are football kings and you aren't...I never once said anything bad about Copper Basin, but I am rethinking my thoughts on you guys...You need to go back and re-read my posts...nothing you will find suggest that I think I'm better than anyone...just give my opinions and predictions...you sir should have your complex disorder checked out.

Not a complex. You just have a problem with looking down your nose at Basin.  You called us out with your comments.  There is a sense of arrogance in your comments but you will receive an eye opener Friday.  Congratulations to Coalfield on making it.

Not a complex. You just have a problem with looking down your nose at Basin.  You called us out with your comments.  There is a sense of arrogance in your comments but you will receive an eye opener Friday.  Congratulations to Coalfield on making it.

Once again, read my comments...nothing was negative about Copper Basin...Nothing suggested that I look down my nose at Copper Basin, other people may have sir, but not me ...Copper Basin fans on the other hand have nothing but hate filled messages about Coalfield...

You guys just can't stand the fact that Coalfield beat you...and you still hold a grudge from us beating you guys in 2010??? Come on...

Edited by jackets34