CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

You know, we all respect the fact that Coalfield earned their way in and is due respect.  For almost 1 year, we and NCS both had each other in our own crosshairs.  Now that we embarrassed them giving them one of if not their most lopsided game in scoring and stats in their history of their school, you will find out just how tough Union City is.  Our defense will HURT you and hit you harder than any team you have seen in years so have plenty of Icy Hot around.  Also, you will see just how explosive our offense is as well.  We WILL NOT overlook you.  We can run the football, we can throw the football, we have a kicker who is just 3 extra points away from setting a state record in ALL classifications on extra points in a single season ( he is only a junior I might add ).  We TRIED to tell NCS what was headed their way and they were stunned after the first series we ran.  I will say this, we have been known on many occasions this year of not even punting the ball, we have scored in some games on every possession we had the ball.  There is a real likelyhood we could score 50 plus points in this game.  The key is this, is your defense good enough to slow our offense down ( don't think so ) and is your offense strong enough to over power our defense ( I know for sure that ain't gonna happen ) so this all equals out to a dominating performance by Union City, just like they have shown the last 13 games we have played this season.  We are currently 2nd in the state in all classifications in scoring behind Knoxville Fulton scoring around 58 points per game ( Union City ).  We are also ranked in the 800 range in the nation national rankings while the team we just crushed was in the 1500 ranking area.  No, ranking are for fans but they do mean something or they wouldn't have them.  Just wanted you to be warned before your team hits the field this Friday at 11 AM.  Just remember when the game is over, remember ole ucdiditagain said "told ya so". 

Edited by ucdiditagain

Well we shall find out on Friday good luck to union city and coalfield. Also you guys might be right and after the game I'll tell you what I think about union city. Can you tell me like your best players and what was your toughest game this year

Well as far as best players are concerned I will have to say the entire offensive line. We have a fullback number 42 who has close to 2000 yards and is a Mr Football Finalist. Also an offensive linemen number 50 who is a Mr Football Finalist. Our QB number 2 runs the midline veer to near perfection. Our kicker will set a State Record in this game for most extra points in a single season in all classifications. Number 6 is an outstanding running back and defensive back. Number 11 is also an outstanding running back and defensive back. Numbers 56&53 at linebacker will shut down any thing in the middle. And then there's the rest of the team. All of these boys can play football.

Well as far as best players are concerned I will have to say the entire offensive line. We have a fullback number 42 who has close to 2000 yards and is a Mr Football Finalist. Also an offensive linemen number 50 who is a Mr Football Finalist. Our QB number 2 runs the midline veer to near perfection. Our kicker will set a State Record in this game for most extra points in a single season in all classifications. Number 6 is an outstanding running back and defensive back. Number 11 is also an outstanding running back and defensive back. Numbers 56&53 at linebacker will shut down any thing in the middle. And then there's the rest of the team. All of these boys can play football.

That response saved me some typing.

Toughest opponent was Peabody with Huntingdon at second.

We have not really been tested yet, honestly.  The best team we have faced is Trenton Peabody and they are in the state 2A finals against Marion County.  We beat them by 30 plus.  WE had several games where we were between 30-41 points ahead after the first quarter.  Best players, the entire team.  We have 6 guys who can run the football and then the Q B who runs the veer to perfection and will score at will.  We have two Mr. Football finalist in the team.  #42 on the backs ad #50 on the linemen.  Our #50 just whipped NCS #50 ( 6'9" 290 ) all over the field.  Keep your eye on, #42, #2, #11, #6, #76, #74, #24, #22, #16, #56, #50, #57, #58, #53, #72 , #14 just to name some of our seniors and juniors.

We have not really been tested yet, honestly. The best team we have faced is Trenton Peabody and they are in the state 2A finals against Marion County. We beat them by 30 plus. WE had several games where we were between 30-41 points ahead after the first quarter. Best players, the entire team. We have 6 guys who can run the football and then the Q B who runs the veer to perfection and will score at will. We have two Mr. Football finalist in the team. #42 on the backs ad #50 on the linemen. Our #50 just whipped NCS #50 ( 6'9" 290 ) all over the field. Keep your eye on, #42, #2, #11, #6, #76, #74, #24, #22, #16, #56, #50, #57, #58, #53, #72 , #14 just to name some of our seniors and juniors.

NCS #50 gets bigger every week!

You can go to unapproved website and type in the UC zip code 38261. From there you can scroll down and see several clips from games all season long. It's a little frustrating that way but that's all I have. Someone else may have a better way to see what you are wanting to see. If you do go there watch how the O-line dominates over and over again

We'll it seems like you have a very complete team is any of your guys games online. So maybe I could see you all in action

Only place I have seen is on hudl.

I'm sure you understand our excitement In our team, just like you with your team. When your team is doing well, you're excited, proud, and brag a little (or a lot ). It's exciting to hear other teams/fans talking about your team, players, and even your sons online. Our team has worked hard and the results of that hard work is being rewarded. Our seniors are simply a special group of kids (football and basketball, on and off the field). Juniors compliment the seniors to complete a very good team.

I feel like like everyone just thinks that this is the best team that coalfield has seen and should just give up now cause they can not win. The truth is they played catholic who only lost to Alcoa and Fulton. They played Norte dame who lost to catholic and Alcoa. They lost to a good Oneida team. They lost to a greenback team that they beat in the playoffs. Now they have lost four games, but two of those teams would throttle any 1a team even union city. I think they grown and learned from those losses prove beating greenback. Also they prove all the doubters wrong every week. Now to be honest I think union city has the talent and coaching to beat coalfield, but I don't think it happens. Now on paper union city wins hands down, but coalfield seems to be that team when they seem to have no shot and are out talented they find a way. This Friday they find a way and shock the union city faithful if for no better reason than that union city fans seem to think there already champions of this year before the games played.

It would be different if they had your normal 1A players. Most every top notch player in a town of 10,000 is there. They are coached to near perfection. And lastly, their offense is incredibly tough to prepare for. You will never know who has the ball, and even when you do, it won't matter. They'll just fall forward for three yards and do it again. There are no big defensive plays unless they put it on the ground. God bless you and your faith in your team, but unless you have a 5A or 6A defensive line, you won't stop them. They never go backwards and they never really punt. Next year, maybe. But this year, it ain't happening.