CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

Guys I'm no one of any importance. I'm just a guy who loves the UC program. We have been on the other end of this type of negative comments. Oh yes, we haven't always been where we are now. I don't want us to have the reputation of being bad winners. I will say that this team is the absolute best UC team I have ever seen. It may very well be the best team ever. I don't know. I expect us to be back in the mix again next year. But sooner or later what goes up must come down. We may be back in 2A in the near future and even though this year I believe we could win the 2A title as well I know that our struggles will come eventually. If and when that does come I want our opposing fans to show us the same respect that the fan base truly shows. Thank you for your comments but I didn't say what I did for myself I said it for our program. Go Tornadoes

No one expected Coalfield to make it this far at the beginning of the year after losing everyone that they lost last year. Even though 1A is very much down this year, Coalfield still wasn't supposed to make it and they did. This team is still angry from the past few years. Watch out for a mad Coalfield team is all that I'm saying.

1A ball in the east may be down because of the powerhouses fading some but not so much here in the west. There are several good teams around in districts 13 and 14 that compete very heavily but seem to have run into each other or the F5 purple storm known as UC..

Guys I'm no one of any importance. I'm just a guy who loves the UC program. We have been on the other end of this type of negative comments. Oh yes, we haven't always been where we are now. I don't want us to have the reputation of being bad winners. I will say that this team is the absolute best UC team I have ever seen. It may very well be the best team ever. I don't know. I expect us to be back in the mix again next year. But sooner or later what goes up must come down. We may be back in 2A in the near future and even though this year I believe we could win the 2A title as well I know that our struggles will come eventually. If and when that does come I want our opposing fans to show us the same respect that the fan base truly shows. Thank you for your comments but I didn't say what I did for myself I said it for our program. Go Tornadoes

Personally I believe it is hard to compare teams from previous years to teams as of now based on wins or dominance because every team changes every year.. I agree thinking they me be the best UC team ever but I would have to see them play the UC team that had Colton Speed and Ronnie Fair.. That team was Very solid as well with phenomenal athletes..

Personally I believe it is hard to compare teams from previous years to teams as of now based on wins or dominance because every team changes every year.. I agree thinking they me be the best UC team ever but I would have to see them play the UC team that had Colton Speed and Ronnie Fair.. That team was Very solid as well with phenomenal athletes..

That was a great team but I think this team is even better. In fact much better. My son played on that team and he was a senior on the 09 team. So for me to say that, you can see I have no bias.

Thank you so much for saying this.  I am a true UC fan - I support them when they are winning, and I'm there when they are losing.  UCHS has a tremendous amount of success right now.  Not only the football team, but our girls' basketball team won the state championship last year.  The boys' basketball team lost the sub-regional game last year.  Our tennis team went to state for team and individual competition.  Two students placed at state in track and field.  Our school was also on the top ten schools in Tennessee for high ACT scores.  Our AP scores were above the state, national, and global average.  Our band is award -winning as well.  

Our fans have alot to be proud of, that's for sure, but it does bother me to see fans become unsportsmanlike on CoachT.  Coalfield has alot to be proud of, too!  They made it to state, and they have the same chance to win that we do - we were certainly the underdogs against South Pitt in 2009.  I sat in the stands and watched our Tornadoes get pounded and run in the ground at the state game at MTSU (Big Swo will have to help me in recalling who we played and what year that was)

With this being said, I don't want to see these boys go on the field with anger and madness.  It makes me think of Forrest Whittaker's character, Jefferson in the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" seeing his 78 Camero destroyed and body-slamming the entire opposing team.  We certainly don't need any "Jeff Spicoli's" on here stirring the pot.  

This game will be a good one, that's for sure.  May both teams play the best to their ability, and make fans on both sides proud to see their favorite teams at state!  What a memory for these kids!

Go Tornadoes!

I am not saying Union City is in the wrong. I am saying the T$$AA is. A team with over twice the enrollment of the other team in 1A should not be in that class. The gap between the top and bottom is to wide in 1A take a look at how it is done in Alabama.

First things first this is Tennessee.. Never say anything referring to us being more like Alabama. That's considered a sin and treason. Also there is a large gab in all classifications. Even more in some of the upper classes. UC is a true 1A school but are just at the top. Someone has to be. They happen to be at the top and be winning. If they weren't winning no one would care I promise you. I played at a very small 1A school and played Huntingdon, UC, JCS, and other much larger schools and took thumpings for years. Yes we have less talent to choose from but the only real advantage is depth which comes from players on the team not people in the school because if every male in the small school played like kids do in Alcoa then you would actually have more.. But back to my point, football is 11 on 11. Not 80 on 40. It's the players on the field that make a difference. By using your logic a lower classed school should never beat a higher classed school yet I've seen it happen numerous times. Also schools are so spread out across this great diverse state to lower the classification percentages would create chaos by not having enough equal sized teams in an area and possibly having to create 12 classes versus the 6 we have. Coalfield has done tremendous with their program and reaching this point. It is slightly more difficult for some smaller schools to reach this point. But then again it may depend on the program because I'm pretty sure several previous multiple time champions were smaller schools in their respective divisions with great programs and better teams.

Dadgumit swo. This is an excellent post. You are a true fan and like I said earlier, all your fans are good people, I honestly feel that. And you all have the right to be proud, enjoy the ride because it's awesome. We all just get out of hand sometimes. And I'm as bad as anyone.

Thank you so much for saying this. I am a true UC fan - I support them when they are winning, and I'm there when they are losing. UCHS has a tremendous amount of success right now. Not only the football team, but our girls' basketball team won the state championship last year. The boys' basketball team lost the sub-regional game last year. Our tennis team went to state for team and individual competition. Two students placed at state in track and field. Our school was also on the top ten schools in Tennessee for high ACT scores. Our AP scores were above the state, national, and global average. Our band is award -winning as well.

Our fans have alot to be proud of, that's for sure, but it does bother me to see fans become unsportsmanlike on CoachT. Coalfield has alot to be proud of, too! They made it to state, and they have the same chance to win that we do - we were certainly the underdogs against South Pitt in 2009. I sat in the stands and watched our Tornadoes get pounded and run in the ground at the state game at MTSU (Big Swo will have to help me in recalling who we played and what year that was)

With this being said, I don't want to see these boys go on the field with anger and madness. It makes me think of Forrest Whittaker's character, Jefferson in the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" seeing his 78 Camero destroyed and body-slamming the entire opposing team. We certainly don't need any "Jeff Spicoli's" on here stirring the pot.

This game will be a good one, that's for sure. May both teams play the best to their ability, and make fans on both sides proud to see their favorite teams at state! What a memory for these kids!

Go Tornadoes!

Great post. You guys and everyone involved truly have so much to be proud of. I personally love how you mentioned the act scores. That is a huge accomplishment.

Great post. You guys and everyone involved truly have so much to be proud of. I personally love how you mentioned the act scores. That is a huge accomplishment.

We were certainly proud for our 1A high school to be in the top ten ACT scores in the state.  I would say that 13 or 14 seniors in the class of 2015 have a score of 30+.  There are around 12 that have a 21+.  There are around 75 students in that class.  

As for our football players, they are a great group of boys.  You cannot compliment one of them without them giving credit to their other teammates.  Coach Bowling has certainly instilled great character in them.  They are quite humble and well-mannered.  I would have to say that some of our fans could learn a lesson from their behavior.  Haha!  Of course they love the compliments, praise, and all the accolades that come with being champions, but they would not appreciate braggy cockiness coming from fans.  

As a former player from the '97 & '00 state runner up teams; I would have to agree with ya as far as best UC team ever. Although in my years we put up a 52-6 record which will be hard to break but very possible; this has to be a little better than us when I played. I did get out of hand on my posts on here and swo you know me better than any of these posters; what I said is just not me. I dont know what it was that made me say things like that. This is a big game; and even if Coalfield has the odds against them in this game its still going to be a battle; and for how long? We will know in 2 days.