CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

You have heard me say it repeatedly since last season. Union City is a totally different animal that has beaten or would beat the teams in the 2A finals by 28 or more. They are simply on another level. Coalfield's boys need to go out there and lay it all on the line for the last game this season. If they play as hard as they can that's really all you can ask for out of those young men. A silver ball is a silver ball whether you lose 31-29, 23-14 or 56-0. Do your best and forget the rest.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Have fun with it 34......the Oneida bunch is certainly rooting for your kids.  With no seat at the table here is the summary for the neutral party:

UC is easily the prohibited favorite to bring home the Gold Ball.....I believe the odds makers in Vegas would have the spread somewhere between 17-20 points.

It appears numerous posters would take those points for UC to cover.

After reconsidering, most posters concede #55 (Coalfield) has the ability to play toe to toe with his counterpart lined up opposite of him.

AB #34 is as tough a kid as any lining up tomorrow.  He answers the bell and if he gets some yards, the UC defense is stout enough to keep him under his average.

UC is stacked with fast athletes in most of their skill positions.  The QB makes their veer go.

UC will go right at you and for Coalfield to have a chance they got to create TO's and resort to some Tricky Dicky successfully.

It is going to rain some.

Bass is a politician....!

Kazanity  :thumb:  :thumb:

I don't think CF will score either from what I have seen. I'm not bashing them but I think UC has too much speed and muscle across the board, CF will have to break a long one to get in the end zone. Now at the same time I think UC will have to work to get their yards which will eat the clock and it will keep the game respectful as can be.

Very true please folks understand and look what UC did to NCS that was not happenstance it was domination,physically,emotionally,did I mention physically.I just believe no matter the scoreboard at the end of 4 CF a tiny school should be proud to have been there done that ! Edited by peabodypride

You have heard me say it repeatedly since last season. Union City is a totally different animal that has beaten or would beat the teams in the 2A finals by 28 or more. They are simply on another level. Coalfield's boys need to go out there and lay it all on the line for the last game this season. If they play as hard as they can that's really all you can ask for out of those young men. A silver ball is a silver ball whether you lose 31-29, 23-14 or 56-0. Do your best and forget the rest.

+1

Well in 24 hours its jus about kickoff time ! Sorta bitter sweet time of year, FB season is bout over and one will come away a champion and one the state runner up, but in time the runner up will stand proudly and say we played in the state game and those memories will always be with you ! Not so many yrs ago in 08 lil ole Jo Byrns made our 1st trip in history to the state game,, man what excitement filled the air in this lil country community and I'm sure the folks of coalfield are experiencing the same joy and pride for the community and team,, jus wanted to say to all to count ur blessings to be at this pedestal because it is not given that you will return to such a great thing called the state championship ! Both these teams have earned the right to be there so lets be congratulatory to all the boys who have sweated their backends off since late July to be playing in the state game ( it's certainly a very special moment that will forever be in our minds )

Play to the best of your abilities and leave it all on the field,, you all are winners !

Well in 24 hours its jus about kickoff time ! Sorta bitter sweet time of year, FB season is bout over and one will come away a champion and one the state runner up, but in time the runner up will stand proudly and say we played in the state game and those memories will always be with you ! Not so many yrs ago in 08 lil ole Jo Byrns made our 1st trip in history to the state game,, man what excitement filled the air in this lil country community and I'm sure the folks of coalfield are experiencing the same joy and pride for the community and team,, jus wanted to say to all to count ur blessings to be at this pedestal because it is not given that you will return to such a great thing called the state championship ! Both these teams have earned the right to be there so lets be congratulatory to all the boys who have sweated their backends off since late July to be playing in the state game ( it's certainly a very special moment that will forever be in our minds )

Play to the best of your abilities and leave it all on the field,, you all are winners !

Well said, only one champion but ALOT of winners.

I want to add one last thing. Back in 09 no one in the state gave UC a chance to beat the offensive machine that was the SP Pirates. They had team speed and a QB that was very elusive and backs that could run away from the defense at will. UC won that game by controlling the clock and geting a couple of turnovers ant the right time. SP could have very easily won that game with one more possesion. I'm saying all of this because I don't want anyone, especially the UC faithful to take CF for granted. This could very well be  a simular outcome that we had back in 09 except for CFpulling of the biggest upset in the State Championship in the history of 1A.

Good post

Edited by RudyWasOffsides

Excellent post. I would give anything to have a silver ball

I want to add one last thing. Back in 09 no one in the state gave UC a chance to beat the offensive machine that was the SP Pirates. They had team speed and a QB that was very elusive and backs that could run away from the defense at will. UC won that game by controlling the clock and geting a couple of turnovers ant the right time. SP could have very easily won that game with one more possesion. I'm saying all of this because I don't want anyone, especially the UC faithful to take CF for granted. This could very well be a simular outcome that we had back in 09 except for CFpulling of the biggest upset in the State Championship in the history of 1A.

You're exactly right. There is a reason that the games are played in person and not on paper