Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

and this will be the best defense they face this year ( Sorry Oakland ) 

Sorry, but I will have to see this to believe it. And taking nothing from Ravenwood, but simply because Oakland was so good defensively. 

Edited by mhs

I do not think Ravenwood has the athletes Oakland has on defense but they play well together as a group. Raven wood is more balanced offensively and in my humble opinion they have the best group of skilled position kids taken collectively ( QB -WR - RB )of any team in Nashville. And that includes Ensworth- BA- CPA , Hillsboro and MBA.  Hillsboro, MBA and Ravenwood are close if you look at just those 3 positions. Of course most football games are won at the line but GQ will need to prepare for a less athletic team in Ravenwood ( versus Oakland ), but solid and disciplined when they are on their game. Raven wood is not a big team but as I mentioned earlier they play well together. I watched the QB , 2 WR and RB work out  on BA's field this summer and they are impressive. Maryville is the favorite and they could blow out Ravenwood but that would surprise me as a fan.

and this will be the best defense they face this year ( Sorry Oakland ) 

Sorry, but I will have to see this to believe it. And taking nothing from Ravenwood, but simply because Oakland was so good defensively. 

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Ravenwood earned my respect. Going to Whitehaven and winning is a big deal. That proves they have a good defense with enough offense to give Maryville a good game. More importantly a fact most are not seeing is they believe they are going to win. So I expect a hard hitting game with both teams making adjustments. If Maryville establishes the running game to go with the passing game they should pull it out in the end. If Ravenwood can contain the running game this game will be much closer than most think. Looking forward to a well played game. Go REBELS