Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

WOW!! Krazee game!!! Congratulations to Coach Quarles et his staff-Murvil never gave up!! played the worst 1st qtr ever et kept fightin til da end!!! i had a blast wit RW, Stars et Mr.200mph-the win will make my trip back to boone much easier!!  

personally, think rhs shoulda kicked-give your kids a chance-just sayin.  ik ppl will call me out fer 2nd guessin their coach-just dont get the 2pnt conversion there in just the 1st ot-oh well-good guys won-despite themselves-lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

It must have been wild to have been there for the game. Was the amount of Maryville fans down from 2013?

That game took 5 yrs off my life Big Dave!! So proud of my Red Rebels. I thought I was gonna pass out when ravenwood was kicking the field goal, TD Blackmon is a stud!!! I told him he won the game for us and he hugged me and smiled that big beautiful smile and said thank you. The crowd might have been down, but the Mafia represented!

WOW!! Krazee game!!! Congratulations to Coach Quarles et his staff-Murvil never gave up!! played the worst 1st qtr ever et kept fightin til da end!!! i had a blast wit RW, Stars et Mr.200mph-the win will make my trip back to boone much easier!!

personally, think rhs shoulda kicked-give your kids a chance-just sayin. ik ppl will call me out fer 2nd guessin their coach-just dont get the 2pnt conversion there in just the 1st ot-oh well-good guys won-despite themselves-lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great times Spanky!!! Wow what a game!!! Feed The Dog!!!!

That game took 5 yrs off my life Big Dave!! So proud of my Red Rebels. I thought I was gonna pass out when ravenwood was kicking the field goal, TD Blackmon is a stud!!! I told him he won the game for us and he hugged me and smiled that big beautiful smile and said thank you. The crowd might have been down, but the Mafia represented!

I about had a heart attack several times and TD Blackman saved me B)

Great high school football game, I would still rank the 7-6 win over Melrose the best state championship game I habe seen due to the high level of play on the defensive side of the ball with both teams having outstanding offensive weapons.

Maryville made adjustments after the 1st quarter and stymied Ravenwood. Coach Hester had a great gameplan to get Jefferson the football early and often. But they shot themselves in the foot with penalties on the last drive in regulation.

I hope Ravenwood earned respect tonight a they asked they truly belonged after many discounted them. I said earlier in the week these teams were mirror images off one another and it showed tonight.

Both schools are great models for what academic institutions should strive for in the classroom and on the athletic field.

TD Blackman was a hero, but some big time shoutouts have to go to Richie Koons.  That kid played with 100 percent heart.  With a knee injury that continually hindered him, he continued to head back onto the field to help that outstanding Maryville defensive line.  Also to Derek Ensley for coming in and throwing some excellent passes to help get Maryville back into the game.

Simply an amazing game.  Ravenwood came out throwing haymakers, but somehow Maryville withstood the blows and scratched their way to an incredible win.

RAVENWOOD SHOULD HAVE DID LIKE MARK DODSON DID...RUN IT IN..

THEY HAD A CHANCE TO WIN BEFORE REGULATION..BUT THEIR ALL-AMERICAN KICKER DIDN'T GET IT DONE....

RAVENWOOD CAME OUT AND PUNCHED MARIVUL IN THE MOUTH IN THE FIRST QTR.AND I GUESS THEY THOUGHT THE GAME WAS OVER....DIDN'T SCORE AGAIN UNTIL OVERTIME..AND HAD THE NERVE TO GO FOR 2??

THIS ACTUALLY WAS THE BEST GAME IN COOKEVILLE....MARIVUL WORKED FOR THIS ONE...THEY CAME OUT LIKE THEY WERE PLAYIN ONE OF THOSE TEAMS IN THEIR DISTRICT LIKE HERITAGE OR WILLIAM BLOUNT LOL....THEN THEY REALIZE HEY THIS IS NOT OUR USUAL CUPCAKES THAT GOT US HERE....GQ PULLED OUT HIS RABBIT FOOT AND THEN A WINK AND A NOD TO THE ZEBRAS TO GET BACK TO BACK PENALTIES TO STOP THE LAST DRIVE FOR RAVENWOOD..GQ NEVER PANICKED ...ONLY ONE PENALTY FOR MARIVIL??  THE TEAM WENT TO WORK....CONGRATS REBELS!!

RAVENWOOD GOT THEIR CODE CRACKED....

What a clown you must be "A WINK AND A NOD TO THE ZEBRAS". 

Yea that was it. People who try to diminish a great accomplishment by a group of hard working HS kids and coaches always amaze me.  I don’t think Ravenwood laid down or played like the game was over in the first qtr.  I have nothing be respect for Ravenwood, that was a great team that could beat anybody in the state tomorrow.   I to question the RW coach on his OT call, but he’s also the same guy who hung 28 on Maryville in one qtr.  Can’t recall that ever happening during the GQ era.

Edited by FBEmeritus

You know, it is a little arguable that the penalties could have helped Ravenwood had their field goal not been blocked.  The penalties allowed them to eat up more clock.  Now, of course, they might have been able to put it in the endzone without those penalties, but they really never took too much of a shot for the endzone down on that end.  They seemed to be pretty content to eat clock and go for the field goal.  Of course it is all speculation...

You know, it is a little arguable that the penalties could have helped Ravenwood had their field goal not been blocked. The penalties allowed them to eat up more clock. Now, of course, they might have been able to put it in the endzone without those penalties, but they really never took too much of a shot for the endzone down on that end. They seemed to be pretty content to eat clock and go for the field goal. Of course it is all speculation...

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.