Hampton 2015

dogtruth

Thanks and same wishes for you guys. I've still got one Lander

Thought we should probably bring our conversation over here from the GB thread. Penalties did kill us that last drive. Had a kid that got a late hit about the 40yd line. After the game, he told me he never saw the sideline. The field was Bermuda grass with white lines. Always hard to see when it's dormant. Even tougher when you practice on plastic grass with clear lines. The substitution penalty inside the 10 yd line was the one that killed us. I'm sure the staff has had many sleepless nights about that one. Crazy things happen on those sidelines when time starts ticking fast.

Thought we should probably bring our conversation over here from the GB thread. Penalties did kill us that last drive. Had a kid that got a late hit about the 40yd line. After the game, he told me he never saw the sideline. The field was Bermuda grass with white lines. Always hard to see when it's dormant. Even tougher when you practice on plastic grass with clear lines. The substitution penalty inside the 10 yd line was the one that killed us. I'm sure the staff has had many sleepless nights about that one. Crazy things happen on those sidelines when time starts ticking fast.

For whatever reason it seems like sometimes you are not supposed to win.That was just freaky stuff. I've seen some strange things happen over the years.

For whatever reason it seems like sometimes you are not supposed to win.That was just freaky stuff. I've seen some strange things happen over the years.

Total collapse. Hard lessons to learn, but you either get better from the experience or you don't. That's why we love sports. "The thrill of Victory, the Agony of defeat", ABC got it right years ago.

ouch..that hurt

Total collapse. Hard lessons to learn, but you either get better from the experience or you don't. That's why we love sports. "The thrill of Victory, the Agony of defeat", ABC got it right years ago.

Losing Inman was a crushing blow also, that one was a difference maker. Hate to see something like that happen to any kid. From my understanding,he is a very quality young man.

Losing Inman was a crushing blow also, that one was a difference maker. Hate to see something like that happen to any kid. From my understanding,he is a very quality young man.

Signed with Tusculum. Good young man and his older brother was as well.

Hopefully we will both make it deep enough to see each other in November. I know you guys are stacked at the skill positions.

Avery game will be soon

Not fast enough for me but we can use the time to improve. Last nights scrimmage didn't really test us very much. Had a hickup or two on d but we played a BUNCH of people. Unicoi scrimmage should give us a better test. I'm READY FOR SOME FFFOOOOOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Not fast enough for me but we can use the time to improve. Last nights scrimmage didn't really test us very much. Had a hickup or two on d but we played a BUNCH of people. Unicoi scrimmage should give us a better test. I'm READY FOR SOME FFFOOOOOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Why don't you guys schedule tougher scrimmages? Hampton is notorious for playing a soft regular season schedule. That explains the early exits from the playoffs. But in scrimmages? Who cares who wins. Tougher competition makes your team tougher. Just a suggestion, I know you know the guy who would listen.

Why don't you guys schedule tougher scrimmages? Hampton is notorious for playing a soft regular season schedule. That explains the early exits from the playoffs. But in scrimmages? Who cares who wins. Tougher competition makes your team tougher. Just a suggestion, I know you know the guy who would listen.

We didn't really know anything about the team and when they showed up it looked like we would have our hands full. The lineman were big and they had some great looking skill players. If this bunch were well coached, they would be a mess.