3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

I understand what you're saying, but I've given Rankin so many breaks through the years I'm sick of it. He wastes more athletes than any coach I've seen with his limited play calling.

I guess Rankin better start getting his younger son Zeke ready to kick long field goals in high school, because with his dad's play calling, we'll need whatever points we can get.

fire em

Just when I think I've seen it all......

I've come to the conclusion that you have some serious mental issues, dude. Have you ever even met Coach Rankin or any of his family? Obviously not, based on your posts.

Calling out any coach's kid is about as low as you can get, and right now you're embarrassing us.

Get a life......

interesting.....agree with you.......seems like you could have stepped up and said that to another goon a few days back

When I saw the size of this team close up on TV and and after the game I thought to myself that Alcoa just finally ran across a team that was physically bigger and tougher and guess what, that's going to happen no matter who you are. This loss hurts because it's something Alcoa isn't used to because of the winning track record in the title game. I can tell anyone from Alcoa as an outsider that would have something bad to say about the coach has to be someone that is spoiled so rotten inside there's no words to describe it. You have the state's leader in wins and championships and you look for a nick or a ding in his armor and get on here and run him down like a dog. Well I can remember Alcoa Football at least back to 1965 and I can remember many teams from that point forward with less than thirty players on the squad and this man has triple that out there on the team and the school isn't that much bigger. I also took a friend that lives out of town by Alcoa one Sunday morning and they thought we were driving by some small college when they saw the football field, stadium and jumbo tron. For those that aren't happy with that they might want to step back and look at all the good things and maybe this loss want be so bad.

Just curious if Hockaday would be any relation to Jimmy Hockaday that played on Brentwood Acd. back in the mid early 80's that went onto Georgia to play. CPA looked like a college team on the line. I was surprised at the size of their team. Congrats to Alcoa for a great season, Hope everyone has a safe trip back home.

That would be a true staement

To all the Goons: Yes, you get under other people's skin sometimes, and even go too far sometimes with bravado, but you are passionate and dedicated fans of the most successful 3A program in recent years. I appreciate that and once I learned to laugh at your posts and not react to them, I started enjoying the interaction with such passionate fans.

No one took me up on the corndog at halftime challenge, so I went hungry. That's OK, the win was better than a free hotdog.

We will enjoy this gold ball, get ready for next year's attempt to repeat and know there a re a lot of great teams, including Alcoa, that will be waiting.

On to basketball!

Ah, it even took the CAKe fans a while to develop a taste for us. Seems like the more often we play, the more mutual respect develops. CPAy earned our respect tonight.

I guess that would also explain our relationships with Upperman and Notre Dame, LOL!!!

What a great game.  Congrats to CPA for giving it your all and getting the win.  Proud to be a fan.  

Coach Martin is a great coach and a greater young man that prepares his players thoroughly not only for the game

but for life after the game.  I hope CPA can keep him for a long time.

Congrats to Alcoa for another great season and hope we can meet again next year.

Hockaday was the best player on the field today.  17 tackles on D.  He is a beast.  Offensively, he would have amazing stats if he had played more on offense all year but Coach Martin did not need him and younger players gained valuable experience because he did not.  Hope he will get some bigger offers, would love to see him play DI ball on Saturdays.

Whoa, dude. Chill.

It's one thing to disagree with how Coach Rankin does things. Fans do that all the time at just about any program you'll find.

But there's no need to bring his family into this. They'd be really hurt if they saw that. Come on, man!!

I'm disappointed with the outcome, as are the fans, players and coaching staff, but that was over the top.

Go Alcoa, Amen!

Whoa, dude. Chill.

It's one thing to disagree with how Coach Rankin does things. Fans do that all the time at just about any program you'll find.

But there's no need to bring his family into this. They'd be really hurt if they saw that. Come on, man!!

I'm disappointed with the outcome, as are the fans, players and coaching staff, but that was over the top.

Go Alcoa, Amen!

Who are you the policeman of what can be said and what can't be said?

Over the top!!! LMAO We don't want to hurt any ones feelings;now would we.

When you have a tradition of winning,you tend to get the best players in the state trying to come to your school. If it wasn't for 6 turnovers,Notre Dame would have beat Alcoa. Before you all jump down my throat listen to this next statement. ND fumbled 3 times. One of them were caused by Alcoa. ND QB through an interception that was tipped by our wide receiver. Turnovers accounted for 21 of Alcoa's 28 pts.

Last year Puffermen wasn't the same when they played Alcoa after playing Notre Dame the previous game. Same as Alcoa this year. After playing ND last week Alcoa looked beat up and lathorgic against CPA.

Puffermen knows it and Alcoa (and the Poon Squad) know it now,what a physical,hard hitting team ND is.

Our new coaching staff have been at our school for just 3 years now. They have completely turned our program around. From the head coach all the way down to the line coach are great christian men. What mostly like about them is that they are not a win at all cost.

Ah, it even took the CAKe fans a while to develop a taste for us. Seems like the more often we play, the more mutual respect develops. CPAy earned our respect tonight.

I guess that would also explain our relationships with Upperman and Notre Dame, LOL!!!

I can't speak for people inside UH's or ND's program. But I do think I had a pretty good read on UH following them last season from 8aa. A 4-6 team in 2012, 13-1 in 2013. The coach took over a program with 25-28 players off back to back 1-9 seasons and took them to the semi finals in 3 years dress around 70 players. UH got beat up in the playoff run leading up to Alcoa. They were just happy they made it and were very over matched except fot about 3-4 kids. No one needs the gobber squads approval to know Herron is turning Upperman around.

He needs to be on the defensive side of the ball at the next level. CPA didn't feature him very much this season on offense, because he is such a difference maker on defense.

Agree 100%...player of the game for meeting Tyson in the hole, and winning that battle...Alcoa wins if not for his defense.