3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

You might wanna reconsider who you're agreeing with. Then again, you and Tad are on about the same level, LOL!!

No one ever seemed to notice our open zone until we starting steamrolling everyone in our classification, then suddenly everyone started whining. Oh well.....

Remember, LOWERman is OPEN ZONE with NO tuition, an even better bargain than Alcoa.

Baxter has 1 red light and 1400 residents, and don't except kids from out of zone, which is only Putnam county. No fee to travel outside that to play.

Any truth to Alcoa picking up 2 new students in January (baseball / football players ).....heard one is a junior and other one is in 8th grade (was told they would be a great addition to baseball and football team ).....my sources say it is hot topic but no confirmation. Just rumors at this point or are they coming ?

Must be just rumor(Farragut) because Alcoa don't recruit!

ulefollower, on 15 Dec 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:snapback.png

rulefollower, on 11 Dec 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:snapback.png

...His buddy Coachrus also said he'd provide stats regarding the number of players on BB team and how many came in kindergarten--to compare it to the football team, but has yet to do so.  Or at least hasn't posted the info, possibly because the facts don't support what he wants to believe. 

No one would have touched that with a 10 foot pole the last 4 years, but he might actually try this year, course a little different when only 5 starters on a basketball team, but possibility of 22 starters on a football team.  Even if tried, I am sure it will be presented in a skewed fashion.

I'd like to see percentages compared, not actual numbers. Of course nobody would have done that last year, but even now,  it may be tough to prove with "hard facts".  And again, unfortunately, the football team feels obligated to make those statements because of the questions surrounding the basketball team.

Of course there will always be questions surrounding their three Mr. Basketball players, and how they arrived at CPA.

Three of the higher scoring players right now came in 8th--Blackwell, Campbell, and Ragsdale (though he may actually have been 9th)  

Baxter has 1 red light and 1400 residents, and don't except kids from out of zone, which is only Putnam county. No fee to travel outside that to play.

Not to mention that they are building a new middle school for 1500 students AND possibility of a big name coach interested in coming BACK to Baxter who has been been known to reach out to other communities to bring in kids.

Any truth to Alcoa picking up 2 new students in January (baseball / football players ).....heard one is a junior and other one is in 8th grade (was told they would be a great addition to baseball and football team ).....my sources say it is hot topic but no confirmation. Just rumors at this point or are they coming ?

At the moment, it's just rumor until it actually happens. I wouldn't be surprised though.

Not to mention that they are building a new middle school for 1500 students AND possibility of a big name coach interested in coming BACK to Baxter who has been been known to reach out to other communities to bring in kids.

yes, West Putnam and West Cookeville are growing. But still aint no where near the size of Blount Co, and their neighbor Jackson County is not quite the fertile recruiting grounds of Knox county. So that is a pretty invalid arguement. And why would UH want any other coach than Herron. He has won more than any other coach has ever at that school. His 4 playoff wins in the last two seasons might be more playoff wins than the school had total before he got there. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

The Boro is four times bigger than Blount co. And Maryville seems to be doing fine.

yes and the Boro has Eagleville, Mur Central, Lavergne, Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, Siegal, Riverdale, Holloway,and Stewarts Creek. Plus they are strict zoned. Could Maryville play in that district and win it? Heck yes. Could Alcoa play in that district and be in the top 3? Heck no. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Glad you got your finger on the pulse of Alcoa. They are a great family and they have a tough decision to make. Just remember how it works. They come to us....

Edited by lessur

Guest Poohbair1619

Glad you got your finger on the pulse of Alcoa. They are a great family and they have a tough decision to make. Just remember how it works. They come to us....

Didn't mean to imply any wrong doing....I talked with someone today and I know the parents are doing what is best for their boys....parents are great people and just shows they are willing to sacrifice for what they think is best......MHS loss is Alcoa's gain......

• Upvote 1