3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

Another interesting stat. Hockaday had 27 carries for 124 yards, but he also played basically every snap on defense. He had 17 tackles, but get this - 12 of those tackles were on 12 of Tyson's 27 carries, and on those carries Tyson only got 31 yards (2.5 yards per carry).

How many times did Tyson sneeze during the game? How many times did Hockaday re-tie his shoe? How many times did Coach Rankin say "put some ice on it"? LOL - great job sportsnerd.

How many times did Tyson sneeze during the game? How many times did Hockaday re-tie his shoe? How many times did Coach Rankin say "put some ice on it"? LOL - great job sportsnerd.

Hey, nobody tied you up and made you read this thread. I found it interesting and posted it. if you don't find it interesting, that's OK, so stop reading the thread. Prior to the game, I suggested that CPA load the box, stop the run and play man coverage on the wides. I also suggested that they shadow Tyson with Hockaday. These stats suggest I may have been pretty prophetic.

And after all, I agree I am a "sportsnerd".

Hey, nobody tied you up and made you read this thread. I found it interesting and posted it. if you don't find it interesting, that's OK, so stop reading the thread. Prior to the game, I suggested that CPA load the box, stop the run and play man coverage on the wides. I also suggested that they shadow Tyson with Hockaday. These stats suggest I may have been pretty prophetic.

And after all, I agree I am a "sportsnerd".

I found your stats interesting as well.

I found your stats interesting as well.

Thanks, you guys should be tough next year. Still wish we could set up a "home and away" with CAK.  Your BB guys played tough the first quarter last night. Weatherly played his first game for us and Howell and Johnson should be back on the court this week. With 10 fouls to give up front with Howell and Johnson, it will be hard to score in the paint against CPA.

Rankin has more wins than any other coach in the history of the state. He can coach. Period. Anyone who disputes this just doesn't know football. I don't care if you're coaching at Alcoa or at Wartburg. You don't win that many games by accident.

He is a good coach but to be honest with you I think any good coach could win with the players he's had, 99% of the time he always has the best players on the field

did you not make that same prediction for this year?......then again, you have made that prediction for probably the last 10 years and your still in the positve with your predictions...

It's usually a safe bet, that's for sure. It's usually between Alcoa and the field, advantage Alcoa.

A lot of people usually take Alcoa when it's us vs. the field.

Edited by AlcoaBasketball

rulefollower, on 11 Dec 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:snapback.png

Which 8th grader? Lindsey, Blackwell or Campbell?

Has nerd decided to ignore you?   :popcorneater:

It's his typical response when he can't answer the question asked.  Then he starts posting lots of stats that have nothing to do with the question. Hoping the post will disappear to the next page, and then maybe others won't see it.

His buddy Coachrus also said he'd provide stats regarding the number of players on BB team and how many came in kindergarten--to compare it to the football team, but has yet to do so.  Or at least hasn't posted the info, possibly because the facts don't support what he wants to believe.