3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

Masterful game by Coach Martin and CPA.

We have our best effort, but it wasn't enough tonight. J. Tyson is a winner and will be so where at the FCS level, Mitchell has the grades to go wherever he wants.

Alcoa's offense is hard to watch. We need to get more skill players involved in 2015 when we make another run at the gold ball.

I guess we will put this one with the one other silver ball we won in 1988.... If we can find it.

Congrats again to CPA on a well deserved victory. That are a tough well coached team.

Out.....

before I forget... LOOOLOLOOLLOOOLLLOLLOL!!!! There I feel better ...great game! Mid TN football got your attention now good games!! .. Congrats to CPA,Webb,West,Fulton ,Maryville,MBA.. ..OK back to retirement! See u in 15 ..maybe! Edited by boski

Some interesting stats on the game:

Rushes less than 4 yards

CPA - 25  Alcoa - 19

Hockaday- 11  Tyson - 14

Rushes of 4-5 yards

CPA - 10  Alcoa - 7

Hockaday - 7   Tyson - 5

Rushes of 6-10 yards

CPA - 14  Alcoa -9

Hockaday- 7   Tyson - 6

Rushes of 11+ yards

CPA - 5  Alcoa - 2

Hockaday - 2  Tyson - 2

CPA defense held Tyson to 3  yards or less on 14 of 27 carries.

Tyson had 57 yards on 2 long runs. He averaged 3.6 yards on the other 25 runs.

Some interesting stats on the game:

Rushes less than 4 yards

CPA - 25  Alcoa - 19

Hockaday- 11  Tyson - 14

Rushes of 4-5 yards

CPA - 10  Alcoa - 7

Hockaday - 7   Tyson - 5

Rushes of 6-10 yards

CPA - 14  Alcoa -9

Hockaday- 7   Tyson - 6

Rushes of 11+ yards

CPA - 5  Alcoa - 2

Hockaday - 2  Tyson - 2

CPA defense held Tyson to 3  yards or less on 14 of 27 carries.

Tyson had 57 yards on 2 long runs. He averaged 3.6 yards on the other 25 runs.

Good job of stats.

IMG_3119.jpg

I had to post this after being forced to look at the Goons' posts over the last year with the picture of Tyson running past the CPA defenders. I wish I had one of Hockaday meeting Tyson in the hole for no gain. Also, if you want to hear a classy post-game interview, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTph9k5A3Y

Are the Goons still having nightmares a week later?

I also know the 8th grader BB player's real story FIRSTHAND of why he came to CPA, but no one would accept the story as truth, so I won't waste my time getting into that.

The truth of why and the truth of how are different, but both are needed to determine the whole truth.  Some rely on partial truth in order to support his or her bias, yet there are those, even on these boards, where it honestly is about the whole truth and are not simple minded enough to merely accept incomplete "truths." Based on the facts, these kind of people would support whatever the whole truth is regardless.  Example - this is why I support that CPA football does NOT recruit, because these are what the known and revealed facts support.