3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

Didn't mean to imply any wrong doing....I talked with someone today and I know the parents are doing what is best for their boys....parents are great people and just shows they are willing to sacrifice for what they think is best......MHS loss is Alcoa's gain......

Well said....

yes, West Putnam and West Cookeville are growing. But still aint no where near the size of Blount Co, and their neighbor Jackson County is not quite the fertile recruiting grounds of Knox county. So that is a pretty invalid arguement. And why would UH want any other coach than Herron. He has won more than any other coach has ever at that school. His 4 playoff wins in the last two seasons might be more playoff wins than the school had total before he got there.

I am kinda new here, but I can look back through threads and notice that people do not think you are very smart.

I agree with them.

My earlier statement had absolutely nothing to do with Alcoa, It had everything to do with your poor-mouthing about why Upperman cannot compete with the likes of Alcoa.

Maryville has less than half the population of Rutherford County and does not have the fertile grounds of Davidson Co. to recruit from. But they roll up anyone that has come their way for how many years now??

Most laughable point is how Rutherford is "strict zoned" Whatever, man. lines are crossed every day.

Am I wrong in thinking that Cookeville is the largest school in the state? 

Am I wrong in thinking that Upperman is open zone?

Am I wrong in thinking that Blount Co. schools (all of them) have private school poachers around their programs as well?

Am I wrong in thinking that you are not as smart as you think you are?

Am I wrong in thinking that LaRusso is a twerp who couldn't leave well enough alone??

The answer is no. You thesis is full of more holes than LaRusso's head.

P.S. Is it true that you wear jorts? (I hope not.)

I am kinda new here, but I can look back through threads and notice that people do not think you are very smart.

I agree with them.

My earlier statement had absolutely nothing to do with Alcoa, It had everything to do with your poor-mouthing about why Upperman cannot compete with the likes of Alcoa.

Maryville has less than half the population of Rutherford County and does not have the fertile grounds of Davidson Co. to recruit from. But they roll up anyone that has come their way for how many years now??

Most laughable point is how Rutherford is "strict zoned" Whatever, man. lines are crossed every day.

Am I wrong in thinking that Cookeville is the largest school in the state?

Am I wrong in thinking that Upperman is open zone?

Am I wrong in thinking that Blount Co. schools (all of them) have private school poachers around their programs as well?

Am I wrong in thinking that you are not as smart as you think you are?

Am I wrong in thinking that LaRusso is a twerp who couldn't leave well enough alone??

The answer is no. You thesis is full of more holes than LaRusso's head.

P.S. Is it true that you wear jorts? (I hope not.)

"Am I wrong in thinking that Cookeville is the largest school in the state?". Yes you are. There are 5 schools in the state with larger enrollments.

"Am I wrong in thinking that Upperman is open zone"? Yes you are. The school system has been closed due to over crowding since fall 2010. "Maryville(Blount) has less than half the population of Rutherford County". Blount county has 138,072 compare to 274,228 in Rutherford county. It also has half the number of 6a high schools with its county boarders. Putnam has 73,276 and as one 6a school in the county. It still does not change the facts that Alcoa can keep it enrollment low, while drawing in players from a population area bigger than most 6a schools. That's a huge advantage. I have no problem with Maryville. If your school has 1600 plus students, its on the coach, community, and parents to get the right kids out playing. The advantages are much greater as you go down in classification.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

"Am I wrong in thinking that Cookeville is the largest school in the state?". Yes you are. There are 5 schools in the state with larger enrollments.

"Am I wrong in thinking that Upperman is open zone"? Yes you are. The school system has been closed due to over crowding since fall 2010. "Maryville(Blount) has less than half the population of Rutherford County". Blount county has 138,072 compare to 274,228 in Rutherford county. It also has half the number of 6a high schools with its county boarders. Putnam has 73,276 and as one 6a school in the county. It still does not change the facts that Alcoa can keep it enrollment low, while drawing in players from a population area bigger than most 6a schools. That's a huge advantage. I have no problem with Maryville. If your school has 1600 plus students, its on the coach, community, and parents to get the right kids out playing. The advantages are much greater as you go down in classification.

notice he didn't answer the jorts question!

Didn't mean to imply any wrong doing....I talked with someone today and I know the parents are doing what is best for their boys....parents are great people and just shows they are willing to sacrifice for what they think is best......MHS loss is Alcoa's gain......

So adding hours of commute time a week to this student schedule just to play football....errrr, I mean for the great academics is best for this student?

Whatever you say man.

Guest Poohbair1619

So adding hours of commute time a week to this student schedule just to play football....errrr, I mean for the great academics is best for this student?

Whatever you say man.

What are you talking about, "adding hours of commute time".....from what I have heard this family is moving into the City of Alcoa and it isn't a "football move"

These parents are doing what they think is best for both of their sons and they have a very good reason to make this move. I do know that both of these boys are highly successful in the classroom ... And will benefit because of this move.....I wouldn't second guess a parent doing what they think is best for their kid.....if you are not sure of the situation and all of the facts surrounding move .....................😉

Tha Mairvul-Alcoee-Blunt Cowntee Liar's Clubb haz cawled a speshull "brunch" on Fridee att 1000 hrs Cracker Barrell, Alcoee.....SS and rw87 ere foamin' att tha mouth and we figgured hit wood bee bettur fer a few peepull two bee settin' at tha tabull wif tham az opposed two tham bein' aloan and playin' checkers ovur bye tha farrplace...... :popcorneater:

We're having it in Alcoee, Amen!

(BIG JUMBOTRONS ain't cheap)

We're having it in Alcoee, Amen!

(BIG JUMBOTRONS ain't cheap)

3 of the last 4 years Alcoa has not won the gold ball...bad recruiting years or have the real privates..CAK and CPA had better luck drawing in an all-star team...it's sad when a "we play with what gets off that yellow bus" school can't compete..all privates and "open zone" schools should go to a different division...level the playing field...but Bernard Childress and his "no stones" T$$AA lap dogs won't go for that...sad...

Edited by cofo

3 of the last 4 years Alcoa has not won the gold ball...bad recruiting years or have the real privates..CAK and CPA had better luck drawing in an all-star team...it's sad when a "we play with what gets off that yellow bus" school can't compete..all privates and "open zone" schools should go to a different division...level the playing field...but Bernard Childress and his "no stones" T$$AA lap dogs won't go for that...sad...

Why don't we just make about 50 different Divisions so that ButtHurt fans like yourself can get a Trophy and not whine any more ??