Speed and Agility Trainers?

swyper01

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Harrison Smith used a trainer/gym in Knoxville. Maybe some of the KCHS guys can tell you the name. It slips my mind right now. I don't think it was D1 though.

Charlie Petrone was that trainers name. He is based in the Karns area of Knoxville near Smoky Mountain Tennis Academy. I highly recommend him.

Currently most of the top high school athletes in the Knoxville area are training at Next Level. There are kids from Catholic, Fulton, Webb, Hardin Valley, Bearden, Maryville, Farragut, etc. working out there. In the summers you will also see several college athletes from UT and other schools training there. Devin Driscoll does a great job and offers group workouts for high school footballers as well as individual training. He has a great staff working with him. Next Level also has one of the top 7 on 7 football programs in the country in a couple of age groups. There prices are very reasonable. Devin can be reached at 865-789-2830.

Petrone Training has trained many of the professional athletes in the area. Charlie does a very good job with individuals but it isn't cheap! He deals with a much smaller client base.

I know both of these guys quite well since they both have trained my son. I have had the opportunity to watch both in action for several years. Both did a fantastic job in their own way. I love the group workouts at Next Level. I think the competitiveness and drive really shows in these athletes when they are able to challenge each other in a group setting. It also gives these guys a chance to become friends with each other which leads to a great group dynamic. It's fun to watch them battle head to head on the field then interact with each other after the game. Both places do a fantastic job with technique and motivation.