West High School's next Head Coach

SGHSAlum93

WH4L, the last game is Fulton.  It was going to be Webb if Oak Ridge agreed to play Fulton.  But since Oak Ridge declined to play Fulton, West has to play them because of the crazy lottery drawing system where Knox Co. Schools have to put their name in a hat to decide who has to play Fulton.  

Edited by OakRidgeKat

Need to hire - Tommy Rewis from Kentucky Christian University (Former Hickman County High Head Coach). He's from that area, has lots of ties to get a good staff, and is a d--- good coach.

Interesting.... Not sure Knox County will allow him to use his ties to assemble a "good" staff. I will say this, from everything that I have heard, it would be hard to find a better group than what they have now. We shall see how it plays out though.

#EAD

It's kind of a tough time to come in as a new HC there, especially coming off the title run. It would probably be wise to keep it in house if possible instead of throwing a new person out there that will be expected to repeat in year 1.

I don't think anybody expects West to repeat, it is obviously a rebuilding year when you lose guys like Marshall, Cottrell, Bacon, Burch, Perry.  Those guys are special and don't come along very often.  However, there are some talented athletes still on the roster.  I think they could win the district next year if they make the right hire and the qb comes into his own. 

I don't think anybody expects West to repeat, it is obviously a rebuilding year when you lose guys like Marshall, Cottrell, Bacon, Burch, Perry. Those guys are special and don't come along very often. However, there are some talented athletes still on the roster. I think they could win the district next year if they make the right hire and the qb comes into his own.

Agree 100 % w this...interesting about Fulton...I'd say West goes 7-3 w that schedule.

Definite loss - Fulton

Toss up/ more likely loss - Sevier County Farragut

With the talent still on the team and a solid hire they should win district games and beat carter and Hardin valley.

Agree 100 % w this...interesting about Fulton...I'd say West goes 7-3 w that schedule.

Definite loss - Fulton

Toss up/ more likely loss - Sevier County Farragut

With the talent still on the team and a solid hire they should win district games and beat carter and Hardin valley.

Edited by Fuuutaaan

WH4L, the last game is Fulton.  It was going to be Webb if Oak Ridge agreed to play Fulton.  But since Oak Ridge declined to play Fulton, West has to play them because of the crazy lottery drawing system where Knox Co. Schools have to put their name in a hat to decide who has to play Fulton.  

I didn't hear it quite the way you did but I'll check the accuracy of my source and get back to you.

West 2015 schedule

Aug 20  @ Hardin Valley (Rivalry Thursday)

Aug 28  Sevier County

Sept 4   @ Halls*

Sept 11 Carter

Sept 18 Powell*

(Sept 25 Fulton)

Oct 2    @ South Doyle*

Oct 9    @ Farragut

Oct 16   Heritage*

(Oct 23 Fulton)

Oct 30  @ Gibbs*

Not sure about the Fulton week but the rest is correct