West High School's next Head Coach

SGHSAlum93

HTV what area do u cover? 760am? Can we listen to that here in Cleveland?

We are a Knoxville market station, and unfortunately we don't stream online at this time.

That said, if your booster club has a website that allows downloading of audio I would be more than happy to send you a CD of the show that you can download.  We actually taped the show yesterday and Coach Cummings and I obviously talked a lot about his run at West, but we also went in depth on the opportunities at Cleveland and why he made the decision to take that job.

If that is something that would be of interest to your powers that be I would be happy to send a CD. I can be reached at cherokeeradiovoice@frontier.com .  

We are a Knoxville market station, and unfortunately we don't stream online at this time.

That said, if your booster club has a website that allows downloading of audio I would be more than happy to send you a CD of the show that you can download.  We actually taped the show yesterday and Coach Cummings and I obviously talked a lot about his run at West, but we also went in depth on the opportunities at Cleveland and why he made the decision to take that job.

If that is something that would be of interest to your powers that be I would be happy to send a CD. I can be reached at cherokeeradiovoice@frontier.com .  

Any plans to stream online in the near future? I enjoy your show but I travel frequently and I am not always in Knoxville when it airs?

That said, if your booster club has a website that allows downloading of audio I would be more than happy to send you a CD of the show that you can download. We actually taped the show yesterday and Coach Cummings and I obviously talked a lot about his run at West, but we also went in depth on the opportunities at Cleveland and why he made the decision to take that job.

I'm not sure about the booster club allowing of downloading. just a Cleveland fan, played during the championship years. Would just like to hear the interview. But I believe he could be the missing piece that Cleveland has needed with the talent and speed that they have every year. Anxious to see him get to work.

I'm not sure about the booster club allowing of downloading. just a Cleveland fan, played during the championship years. Would just like to hear the interview. But I believe he could be the missing piece that Cleveland has needed with the talent and speed that they have every year. Anxious to see him get to work.

No problem. Just wanted to make the offer.  We've done that with several schools who have had coaches and student/athletes interviewed on the show.  

I agree the best thing to do when you are having success is to promote from within, unless Quarles or someone like that were to apply lol. 

Have they began interviews yet?

For every Mark Helfrich there is a Larry Coker.  What if Cummings took some good coaches with him?  West is then stuck with a guy who just gets the job because he's been there.  I agree though, from a PR standpoint, West either has to hire from within or get someone with a proven track record as a head coach.  I can't see any proven coach with a brain really wanting that job though because it's never a smart move to follow a legend...not that he's a legend, but he did win a state championship.

For every Mark Helfrich there is a Larry Coker.  What if Cummings took some good coaches with him?  West is then stuck with a guy who just gets the job because he's been there.  I agree though, from a PR standpoint, West either has to hire from within or get someone with a proven track record as a head coach.  I can't see any proven coach with a brain really wanting that job though because it's never a smart move to follow a legend...not that he's a legend, but he did win a state championship.

Cummings will be back in 3-5 years after he is run off from Cleveland because it looks like they hired him just off the fact he won a state title. He has a track record of underachieving with decent talent. But go ahead, ask him how good he is, he will tell you.

It will be interesting to see how the search plays out. You'd think they will go with Kevin Lane, but with Knox County you never know. They are just as likely to hire me or you. If whoever gets it is from outside of Knox county, they will probably regret it in a few years because Knox County is one of the worst counties in the state as far as supporting coaches and athletics. If that goon Jim McIntyre had his way, there would be no athletics in Knox County. With the lack of support and NO middle school football in the county, I think it makes Knox Co very unattractive to top candidates.

Edited by adalum96