2015 Riverdale football schedule

davidlimbaugh

OK, my take on it today.  BOTH QB's who wore number 12 today are legit.  Y'all are right the young man from Washington has a cannon.  Only down side is he desperately needs a O-line that can protect him more than 2 seconds.  Once it hit three he was having to run and throw on it,  Other 12 is a better running QB though.  Its a good thing we have three QB's because the lack of O-line is going to get them HURT!

Number 31 on defense had a heck of a scrimmage and the young man was flying to the ball constantly.  Once there he tackled and actually wrapped up great.

My BIGGEST question is what was everyone doing in the weight room over the winter?  From what I witnessed is was NOT lifting weights!  I have never seen so many chicken legs since I watched Coach Fields track team.  In all fairness to Coach Fields, his runners have better developed leg muscles.

Defense is better this year.  Thing is they have to keep their heads in the game and follow their assignments.

Watched the 'clone's' Freshman game against Blackman on tape when we got home.  What is sad in they had more players and coaches than R'dale had on the field today for Varsity!

OK, my take on it today.  BOTH QB's who wore number 12 today are legit.  Y'all are right the young man from Washington has a cannon.  Only down side is he desperately needs a O-line that can protect him more than 2 seconds.  Once it hit three he was having to run and throw on it,  Other 12 is a better running QB though.  Its a good thing we have three QB's because the lack of O-line is going to get them HURT!

Number 31 on defense had a heck of a scrimmage and the young man was flying to the ball constantly.  Once there he tackled and actually wrapped up great.

My BIGGEST question is what was everyone doing in the weight room over the winter?  From what I witnessed is was NOT lifting weights!  I have never seen so many chicken legs since I watched Coach Fields track team.  In all fairness to Coach Fields, his runners have better developed leg muscles.

Defense is better this year.  Thing is they have to keep their heads in the game and follow their assignments.

Watched the 'clone's' Freshman game against Blackman on tape when we got home.  What is sad in they had more players and coaches than R'dale had on the field today for Varsity!

I hate to ask, but  my middle son had a scrimmage at Lewisburg for his Middle school so I did not hear or see any of the freshman game. How did it turn out? i was wondering about the freshman team at Blackman and if there was a continuation of talent there?

Edited by Blaze45

I wasn't quite as enthusiastic as LOD about the scrimmage.  There were some good things and agree that the off season strength and conditioning does not look very effective.

#31 did have some nice plays.  I saw #60 on the OL stay on a block once...hopefully we can get five guys doing that every down before it's over.

Really was very little intensity, hustle, purpose.  Hard to believe they will improve much from that level of effort.  It did improve some late in the scrimmage.

Was that everybody?  Are there players that didn't participate for whatever reason?  Just doesn't look like enough guys to go around. 

Kicking teams look like they have a long way to go.  The kickers were a little better late in the scrimmage as well...making better contact with the ball.  In warm ups when the kicker kicked the extra point and it barely made it to the goal line I became concerned.  :rolleyes:

I suspect we'll get a lot better picture on Friday when Mcgavock comes in.  They will be big and physical, as always, and I suspect we'll get better effort and intensity from Riverdale.

My Blackman story from the Rankin days.  Went to a Riverdale scrimmage, against MBA I think, and it was a bruising, high intensity, slug fest.  Later that day (or the next day) went by Blackman for a scrimmage they had with Franklin county.  I was just shocked...it was like watching football in slow motion after witnessing Riverdale earlier.  The moral of the story...that's how I felt watching the first 30 minutes of yesterday's scrimmage...like I was watching football in slow motion.

Big hits for the day went to Summit by a score of 4 to 2.  Two hours of football and a total of 6 big hits. :angry: 

Does the move to all teams making the playoffs change how coaches will approach the jamboree?  Seems you might try to get a little more out of that game-night experience in the new paradigm.

It was football...looking forward to Friday. 

I agree with you TDCman, that's more like the game I watched. Not very impressive at all. Matter of fact, I was so bored that I left after Summit scored to make it 1-1 to go watch Blackman practice.

That score came against the Freshman. They rotated out due to the heat. The varsity only allowed Summit to cross midfield once, on the opening drive.

I love my Warriors but this team is in trouble. The lines are weak and did not perform well in the past two scrimmages. The new QB throws well on the run but isnt really a threat to run. Recievers seem to have stone hands. The kicking game is in trouble with no one who can kick it deep on kickoffs. Love my Warriors but i hope this team finds its identity or its going to be a long year..

I love my Warriors but this team is in trouble. The lines are weak and did not perform well in the past two scrimmages. The new QB throws well on the run but isnt really a threat to run. Recievers seem to have stone hands. The kicking game is in trouble with no one who can kick it deep on kickoffs. Love my Warriors but i hope this team finds its identity or its going to be a long year..

Based on their performance last year and with everyone returning I expected the receivers to be a strength of this year's team.  Hopefully they still will be.

Still think we get a much better read tomorrow and I expect to see a completely different team.  They'll either look much more focused or get run out of the stadium by Mcgavock.  If things look as bad tomorrow, people better start bracing for an 0-4 or 0-5 start for this season.

The QB competition looked like it's still very much an open question.

Todays scrimmage should tell us alot. The weather is going to be a lot better and cooler so the heat shouldnt be much of a factor. Against McGavock the D line play will be tested against the run so we will see what they are made of. I hope the offense starts to click consitantly. First downs have been very weak with little to no yardage. They have got to find someone to kick off. Line up the soccer team and see who can kick it the farthest. Kicking it to the 30 will kill this team this year..