BatmanDB's Thoughts on DB

BatmanDB

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he retires before Daniels is gone DB is totally screwed.

Rumor I heard from someone in the know is that Daniels was going to be moving out of the AD spot after this year and GC would retire from coaching to take over as AD. At least, that was the plan a few weeks ago.

Shawn Witten and Stacy Carter both want the D-B job. Witten's had his eyes on it for a while. He turned down Oak Ridge last year to stay in the area and wait on D-B.

Rumor I heard from someone in the know is that Daniels was going to be moving out of the AD spot after this year and GC would retire from coaching to take over as AD. At least, that was the plan a few weeks ago.

Shawn Witten and Stacy Carter both want the D-B job. Witten's had his eyes on it for a while. He turned down Oak Ridge last year to stay in the area and wait on D-B.

What if Witten and Carter both come to DB, that would make room for Spurrier @ Science Hill and that other Witten guy to retire from the Cowboys and come back home to coach Elizabethton.

Carter's no nonsense military background would be just what the doctor ordered, but at best it would be a lateral move. Not to mention the unreasonable hate for all things Carter.

I am not so sure that we would want Clark as AD.

He is basically on the verge of being fired or encouraged to retire. Does it make any sense to promote someone that has not effectively managed the health of the football program over that last few years?

Could he distance himself from the staffing decisions that the new coach would want to make as the new guy assembles his staff? He has shown that he is too loyal to his staff. The 'good ole boy' system that is so often referenced.

Heck, most of the assistant coaches listed on the DB website played for Graham.

My fear is that Graham gets the promotion and then he promotes one of the assistant coaches to head coach. Just imagine that nightmare scenario.

We need new blood. Top to bottom.

Edited by rolltriberoll

Yeah.....Great Ideal. Lets replace Clark with somebody worse. With the way things have been going in Kingsport I could totally see that happening. But actually I don't think a single word in you're post is true.

Question, who would hire a head coach.Is it a simple AD move or someone else. DR. Hampton, DR.Ailshie , by the board or just who has the most pull .Really, who has the final say as to the future of DB football.I've seen more bs politics in Kingsport

Probably the only way we come out winners in this is just let Pal Barger hire a coach. Anybody else gets involved and this turns into a circus.

I agree with rolltriberoll that it is time for some new blood and to start a new era at DB. I don't think Clark is the man for the job as AD. If you keep him on there is no way to get a fresh start. However, I do believe he should get the field named after him. I wouldn't mind Shawn Witten being hired. I like the fact that he played D-1 football and also was a grad assistant at UT. Kingsport will need to allow him to hire every and anyone he wants to. Johnson City allowed Stacy Carter to hire who he needed and we see how that played out.

Probably the only way we come out winners in this is just let Pal Barger hire a coach. Anybody else gets involved and this turns into a circus.

It would be hard for anyone close not to pick a favorite. I know a couple that I'd like to see on the staff myself get the job when coach Clark retires and I'm nowhere close to the program now.