Shadowens resigns.......

HSFBLLRKS

How did you know about the concession link? :popcorneater:

There have been several of folks that have alleged that was the deal... that's why I said it was "alleged" to have happened. The only facts I can personally vouch for is his character of the man on and off the field and what I have personally seen him do for and with his players.

There have been several of folks that have alleged that was the deal... that's why I said it was "alleged" to have happened. The only facts I can personally vouch for is his character of the man on and off the field and what I have personally seen him do for and with his players.

Oh I think the world of the man and love him as a coach. But the link happened and there's no question. I just wonder why this thing isn't going away? :blush::popcorneater: Edited by mykidsdad

I guess the more concerning factor here is that the Sheriffs department was brought in to this investigation by who? The booster club is a private organization that is not governed by the School or Board. So what place does the sheriffs department have investigating poor record keeping? I see that might be a matter between the Boosters and the Coach to decide if that was deemed necessary. This SEEMS to be around the mishandling of funds or receipts, IF it was a legitimate cause I believe there would have been an arrest made or charges brought by now. I in no way believe he did anything wrong, I just find it odd that it has taken  over a month and a half since the investigation started with the school board.and they still have no answer. This seems like a stall tactic knowing that the upcoming season and spring practice needs to start soon and a plan for a coach is now imperative forcing parents to hop off the band wagon and move on. I know Coach is a great man and he and his family will rebound just fine. Praying for great things for them

....So he was supposed to have accepted responsibility for something he had ZERO control or responsibility over? The booster club and their funds are NOT the responsibility of the head coach..

So you're saying that Shad was not in control of his program? Why didn't he just cooperate with the principle and the board? Why did they recommend that he not coach any longer in the county? is everyone crazy except Shadowens?

So you're saying that Shad was not in control of his program? Why didn't he just cooperate with the principle and the board? Why did they recommend that he not coach any longer in the county? is everyone crazy except Shadowens?

Evidently everyone else is crazy. I've been saying that for years.

Seriously, things don't seem to add up. There has to be an unknown in this whole equation. Why does a group attack a beloved coach? Why is Oakland not interested? Why is he retaining an attorney and then leaving town?

Edited by strongx

He has always been in complete control of his programs. What he has never been in control of is the booster clubs. That is not his place or any head coach's place. If you have a head coach that is in control of the booster club and their money, then you have a HUGE problem. That is why he has always stayed out of it and left "adults" in control of it. By your definition of "cooperate", do you mean accept responsibility for something he had no responsibility over? This was a witch hunt, plain and simple, trying to find any reason to get rid of him. If it was such a bad transgression, why wasn't he fired from his job or transferred to a different school? He was just told he wasn't going to be the coach anymore.

He has always been in complete control of his programs. What he has never been in control of is the booster clubs. That is not his place or any head coach's place. If you have a head coach that is in control of the booster club and their money, then you have a HUGE problem. That is why he has always stayed out of it and left "adults" in control of it. By your definition of "cooperate", do you mean accept responsibility for something he had no responsibility over? This was a witch hunt, plain and simple, trying to find any reason to get rid of him. If it was such a bad transgression, why wasn't he fired from his job or transferred to a different school? He was just told he wasn't going to be the coach anymore.

But he did get fired, he just got to pick the terms. You're outta here or you're outta of here and staying was not an option. The recommendation to dismiss came from the school board. You may be right about the witch hunt, but after the altercation and subsequent audit he was probably never going to coach at Blackman and possibly Rutherford County ever again.

I am not against coach, but the facts as we know them speak for themselves regardless of whom people try to place blame on. Now it's been escalated to the point where the Sheriff's Department is involved in a separate investigation. I hope they find nothing else, but I don't think their looking for missing receipts. They have a whole other set of powers to bring to the table. Things like charges, search warrants and arrest. :popcorneater:

This so needs to go away!

The reason I think this has gone on as long as it has, is that there is a clear effort to not disclose what happened. Considering the privacy act and you cannot disclose grounds for termination for an employee I see where great caution is being used. However, if the teacher/coach is calling the school board and asking for the results of the investigation, and continues to claim he has done nothing, why is he not being informed? If you were going to ask someone to resign, don't you think there is a clear explanation owed to them and or their attorney? Shouldn't there be a verdict before you  hang the man. Last time I checked we wer still in the US.

If the investigation is truly open, that implies results are not in/conclusive, or it is open for the reason of not disclosing the findings. By law all school board actions are a matter of the public and can be reviewed upon request. However if an investigation is open/ pending or incomplete it falls out of that category and can only be seen when it is so. If the later is the case why would you not disclose? With the Sheriffs office investigating it does not guarantee anything. It means that there is a belief that something criminal MAY (may being the operative word here) have taken place. However the article and spokesperson were quick to mention that it did not name anyone of interest. 

Yes, we all need to move on for the sake of the players, fans, and school alike, but in the midst of all this standsa really good coach and even a better man accused of something that has yet to be substantiated, Regardless of where you fall on this issue, ask yourself, " If I stood accused of something that would shame me, my family and what legacy I had tried to build, would fight it or bury my head and hope that it goes away? If I did nothing would I proclaim innocence or say you are right and move on? Would I want the community I served to ask questions and seek the truth or forget me without a thought?

I read someone mention that none of us are without fault, and there is complete truth to that on both sides of the issue here. Somewhere in the middle of all of it is the truth, and in finding it we lost a great Coach and soiled his reputation, brought feelings of contempt and animosity toward the principal and whatever the reasoning for all this is. The one certain thing that will happen, there will be someone pointing fingers saying , see I told you I was right!!! When man we gotta get our kids, our school, community on the right track again , what can we do?

But he did get fired, he just got to pick the terms. You're outta here or you're outta of here and staying was not an option. The recommendation to dismiss came from the school board. You may be right about the witch hunt, but after the altercation and subsequent audit he was probably never going to coach at Blackman and possibly Rutherford County ever again.

I am not against coach, but the facts as we know them speak for themselves regardless of whom people try to place blame on. Now it's been escalated to the point where the Sheriff's Department is involved in a separate investigation. I hope they find nothing else, but I don't think their looking for missing receipts. They have a whole other set of powers to bring to the table. Things like charges, search warrants and arrest. :popcorneater:

You and throwaway are a JOKE. HE was not fired and I know all the facts. The sheriff department will be conclude their investigation with nothing to show against Philip. This is whole situation is bull. 1st the BOARD and county comptroller found no wrong doings as to Philip involvement with booster club. 2nd Wayne Armstrong is a coward and a joke. Philip had no access to checks and funds without Wayne Armstrong knowledge. Wayne (throwaway) has deflected blame and cause as soon as Justus scared him. Wayne you need to keep your mouth shut and I have been on the sideline watching this to long. 3rd Oakland wanted Philip but the principal was told by Dr Odom to back off. Dr odom was mad because of the parents relentless phone call, emails, and request for documents.

As for WBlount Philip is interested and I hope he goes and I will come with him and possibly one other IF he is offered the job. Oh yea before you say don't hide behind your username, my name is Craig Harris the defensive line coach at Blackman when Philip was there. I don't hide so throwaway you and mykidsdad need to know what your talking about or do us all a favor and shut up. Cowards

I agree he didn't have a choice. He was either told to resign or would be fired. He is still at Blackman teaching, though. He was just relieved of his coaching duties. I'm sorry, but if he had done something so bad as to personally warrant a criminal investigation he would at least be placed on leave pending investigation or at least transferred to another school. The problem is that the public has been made aware of barely any of the actual facts.

You and throwaway are a JOKE. HE was not fired and I know all the facts. The sheriff department will be conclude their investigation with nothing to show against Philip. This is whole situation is bull. 1st the BOARD and county comptroller found no wrong doings as to Philip involvement with booster club. 2nd Wayne Armstrong is a coward and a joke. Philip had no access to checks and funds without Wayne Armstrong knowledge. Wayne (throwaway) has deflected blame and cause as soon as Justus scared him. Wayne you need to keep your mouth shut and I have been on the sideline watching this to long. 3rd Oakland wanted Philip but the principal was told by Dr Odom to back off. Dr odom was mad because of the parents relentless phone call, emails, and request for documents.

As for WBlount Philip is interested and I hope he goes and I will come with him and possibly one other IF he is offered the job. Oh yea before you say don't hide behind your username, my name is Craig Harris the defensive line coach at Blackman when Philip was there. I don't hide so throwaway you and mykidsdad need to know what your talking about or do us all a favor and shut up. Cowards

MKD is good people. He supports Shad and is just basing off of what has been published publicly, which we all know isn't the full story.

I agree 100% with the rest of your post, though!

Edited by blazeburnin