Shadowens resigns.......

HSFBLLRKS

Ongoing criminal investigation by the sheriff's office. That's according to the DNJ.

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2015/03/06/sheriff-offices-blackman-investigation-confirmed/24546181/

^^^ you mean this? It's very vague and doesn't say why Shadowens was ever investigated in the first place. It also says that the school board investigation showed no wrongdoing on his part. It also says that a review of his personnel file didn't have anything negative to say about him in his 24 years coaching. So why did the man lose his job? What's really going on out there?

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2015/03/06/sheriff-offices-blackman-investigation-confirmed/24546181/

^^^ you mean this? It's very vague and doesn't say why Shadowens was ever investigated in the first place. It also says that the school board investigation showed no wrongdoing on his part. It also says that a review of his personnel file didn't have anything negative to say about him in his 24 years coaching. So why did the man lose his job? What's really going on out there?

Most disputes come down to control and money.  The "Quarterback Clubs" of old, are fading away, as they probably should.  Although they had a lot of leeway in their support of the football team, there was always the potential for fraud and abuse.

With the new IRS regulations on non-profits, even the more modern "Booster Organizations" are under a great deal of scrutiny.  In many systems, the school administration has tried to gain control of the booster organization and its money.  When that happens, there is yet another level of administrative bureaucracy to wade through.

In large schools and large school systems, the booster money, gate money, concession money, and county money get intermingled to some degree to support the entire athletic program.  Although this affords more oversight and checks and balances, the process can be difficult to manage and can lead to open conflict among the parties. Coaches are between a rock and a hard spot as they try to run their programs.

I'm just guessing, but I suspect that is what happened at Blackman.  Whether there was any wrongdoing or illegal activity is probably what is being investigated. I doubt they will find any, but you never know.  I like to believe that most people are honest, but sometimes you have to work around the system to get things done, and that can leave an appearance of impropriety.

• Upvote 1