GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

To all you Greenback kids reading this mess that Ambassador is spilling about making it to Cookeville.....remember last year. You should've beaten CF and should've gone on to play UC in Cookeville. Didn't happen. I don't know why, but it didn't. I promise you this, if you start believing this board and the critics, you will go home early again. GB is poised to go deep. How deep depends on the players and their focus. I'll watch closely this year and wish you guys the best.

You're right I still believe they should have been there last season. I'm just calling it like I see it. It won't be us in 2015. We will be improved with The Captain back, but not ready to make it back just yet.

To all you Greenback kids reading this mess that Ambassador is spilling about making it to Cookeville.....remember last year. You should've beaten CF and should've gone on to play UC in Cookeville. Didn't happen. I don't know why, but it didn't. I promise you this, if you start believing this board and the critics, you will go home early again. GB is poised to go deep. How deep depends on the players and their focus. I'll watch closely this year and wish you guys the best.

some folks does that to a lot of other teams

GCAPride you are correct in all points. I think it's funny myself that we went from having to completely rebuild this season to having some think we should win the East just because we got 2 quality transfers. I agree that is huge but many of us that really know what we had coming up this year never thought we were rebuilding. We have seen these Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen play all their life and apparently to many that follow highschool football in the East or across the state were only in the know from what you had heard on here. None of these kids were known about 1) because they had not seen much of the field but would or could have started on many another team in the District. There were reasons they were mostly on the sidelines agree or disagree. Now that we have added 2 transfers that you do know about we are supposed to win it all in the East. Now there's no doubt that is a possibility. So if those 2 make us that much better in many posters eyes not knowing much about the rest of the team I guess knowing what we know with what you know should make us pretty darn good. But this is all speculation and until we put pads on and play the game and see how everything goes no one knows! I am a realist and know until you play the game and see what happens you just don't know. It is exciting though to be where we are and just waiting to see how it all goes. The element of surprise I think is still in our favor!

Hear you loud and clear Ambassador! We'll see. With all the talk and hype that goes on my wish is that all these kids enjoy the game and have fun. Now we all know that to them winning is everything, but my hope is that they give their best and accept the outcome. They are only young once and this time will fly by before they realize it. May they soak up every memory and look back one day and feel good about this time in their life and how it made them a better person in life. That is priceless!

Plethora- a large or excessive amount. 2 key transfers in one season is major in 1A. Regardless, Greenback should get to Cookeville. If they don't get there this season something's wrong.

Plethora or not i will agree with part of this statement.These two transferes changes the dynamics of GBs team PERIOD!Silvey would be in the starting rotation at Maryville right now,thats saying alot but he is that good.Now going both ways may limit him a little but still the fact remains-These two are big time ball players and im glad to have them.Our issues last yr was on the O-line and D-line this kid is the difference maker he should make everyone around him better.IMO.In 1A ball two kids of this caliber is huge.

This post is so true.We all say who we think will make it(after our kids graduate!LOL)but it is just for fun and to get the Pirate faithful to interact because they have been the Gold Standard when it come to 1A high school football.Nothing at all matters until the season ends and the playoffs start anything can happen and almost every year something does.If you would have told me the team in 2012 that went to GCA and stood toe to toe with the Rams would have lost to Coalfield that yr i would have laughed but we did and that is why we play the games.ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!