GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

I believe you all made it in 92. Oneida put u out on their way to their first state title.

Yes, in 1992, Oneida beat us 17-12 in the semifinals at home...two members on the current coaching staff were part of that last semifinal trip, one was the QB and the other a LB.

Of course, Oneida went on the following week and won the state title beating BGA 13-10. The years of 1991- 93, in my honest opinion, we had to be a good luck charm, cause the teams that put us out went on to become state champions. We lost by a total of 8 points over that three year period: FRA, all I can say is a leg beat us, 8-6 in 1991 quarterfinals; Oneida, a very late turnover in 4th quarter killed any hope, in 1992; then Trousdale County, all we had to do was punt the ball, 15-14 in 1993 quarterfinals.

Since 1987, we've had 9 teams in my opinion that were capable of playing in the title game, we just don't have the best of luck...1991-93, 2002-04, 2011, 2012 and of course last year.

Edited by cherokean

Greenback was semi material in 2011 if it wasn't for meeting South Pitt in second round. I remember you gave them good game that year. Looks like Pirate Mike might do some scouting.

i have family in Cleveland who's better half is from Polk County. I just really enjoy football especially at the high school and college level where the kids actually pour their hearts and souls out on the field every day. i wouldn't see anything at the scrimmage that won't be seen on film throughout the season. Besides, next Friday I will be at Tyner watching SP scrimmage. Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Greenback coming to Oneida will be a great one! I'll have to go with Oneida and Oneida to win the district! GO INDIANS

One thing for sure,you'll get to watch a GREAT game. I could see the winner of this district going to the state. I'd pull for either.

Guest Fall101

One thing for sure,you'll get to watch a GREAT game. I could see the winner of this district going to the state. I'd pull for either.

Man I can't wait! Gonna be a slobber knocker!

Edited by Fall101