GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

You don't have to defend them to me o&b anyone would take those players in. Just heard a lot about tssaa giving enough rope for programs to hang themselves. Probably some upset schools were those players left from. But if they are cleared then their cleared. With those players my money is on GB to win the district and go to the championship game.

I picked Oneida to start with but Greenback looks like the team to beat now. It'll still be fun to watch it unfold. Fans should be treated to a lot of fun games.

The most memorable thing to me from the 7 on 7 in Chattanooga wS that the guys played 6 games in less than 6 hours with the heat index over 100 degrees and they were all left standing but barely. We went through more water, powerade, and iced down towels than I could count! And this was with around 13 players many aging both ways all day. Some games back to back with at most 1.5 hours between games 3 and 4. This was football boot camp 101! August evenings at 80 to 90 degrees should be a piece of cake. After all that we technically won 2, tied 1, and lost 3 very close matches. Wins over Escambia (private from AL I think) and Red Bank (3A Region 3). Tie against a private (I can't remember who), loss by 1 to Baylor (Div II) boys played them close and were tied with a few minutes to go, and 2 close losses to Soddy Daisy (5A Region 4). The guys were running out of gas by the end of the event but continued to give everything they had. There were some very bright moments and a few mental breakdowns on D that cost us. Great learning moments. Both QBs can find openings and did good job finding receivers. Extremely low completion to INT ratio to the good. Some unbelievable catches by multiple receivers and a few drops but that is why they do this to limit the drops come season. I have to think we will have an advantage with pads and linemen. We will run threw many of the hand swipes that stopped us in the passing league. I mean Kilpatrick will not be stopped with hand and arm tackling! Catches at the 2 yard line with open space will be TDs not down because a defender grazed their backs diving with one hand from behind. The scores we gave up more than not were wide open where there wS a breakdown in coverage. That will get fixed. The play Saturday vs these bigger schools looked very promising for the season. We also had an experienced starting CB out nursing a shoulder. After watching this group together Friday night and all day Saturday, I can honestly say they are a tight knit group and love each other like family. They will have a special year!

tough region pujo

I agree Polarsloth, I really like that region. Can't say I dislike any of the teams. I used to be partial to Coalfield but now I'd go with Oneida.  I've just gained  a ton of respect For Coach Lambert and the way they play the game.