GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

OnB,every time I slow down I stop and when I try to think I nod off to REM3. ANOTHER posted about Silvey's accolades.his fresh. and soph yrs at Catholic..And my friend I do know the vast difference in All-State and Mr.Football. In fact, I wanted to ask when All-State Teams will be published.Can you tell me that ,OnB, or anyone?                                                                                            Concerning how both blue-chippers landed in GB last season is alot like how Unitas got to Baltimore.It was an 85cent phone call.Strange,ain't it? That's exactly how the new jr.players got here.One cell call acquired both which legally live in Loudon County.

Silvey may just win Mr Football next year. But He'll have to learn Self Control.

Edited by pujo

Silvey may just win Mr Football next year. But He'll have to learn Self Control.

You know pujo,pride had told me to watch the game(state)again and I did.I saw a kid that just played hard and got after it all day!Maybe a little rough at times but heck I like that part of his play.I didn't see anything that would warrant a flag or anything else.I remember a NCS poster during the game posting he was being dirty but in that game I didn't see it at all.I watched it over a couple of times.He was one of the few that was giving it all they had on every play.IMO. Edited by orngnblk

I;ll tell you sometime in private orngnnlk.

I know he came on his own from Loudon and as I have said I WOULD HAVE ALSO,Loudon is in quiet a pickel with that hire they made.I also know there have been some younger kids leave KC and head to another private school in Knox.I'm like you tho if someone wants to know those reasons they can dig that up their selves.

You can dang sure bet he made the decision himself.A kid that plays a foot taller and 40lbs. heavier than he is with that swagger of his ain't gonna let nobody think for him.He was invited by a superfan and he and his dad bought in.Awards,except maybe a gold ball,are about all that he cares about.A two time All Stater as a soph,and I bet another on the way,is already more bling than 95% of high schoolers nationwide.He and GB were a match made in football heaven,and another medal is not what he's about.He's got a roomful of dust collectors now.A baller's gotta ball and mauler's gotta maul.That's all that's on the mind of Josh Silvey.

All state tomorrow Pop.

You know pujo,pride had told me to watch the game(state)again and I did.I saw a kid that just played hard and got after it all day!Maybe a little rough at times but heck I like that part of his play.I didn't see anything that would warrant a flag or anything else.I remember a NCS poster during the game posting he was being dirty but in that game I didn't see it at all.I watched it over a couple of times.He was one of the few that was giving it all they had on every play.IMO.

I agree. I didn't see anything dirty. Closest thing was the hit on the QB as the whistle was blowing. It was right in front of an official that didn't throw a flag, so he didn't think it was late. I saw a lot of kids throw their hands up wanting a flag because he was way more physical than anyone else on the field. Still, no flags thrown. He needs to channel his inner "Albert Haynesworth" and make sure that it never happens again. All the rest will work itself out.

I agree. I didn't see anything dirty. Closest thing was the hit on the QB as the whistle was blowing. It was right in front of an official that didn't throw a flag, so he didn't think it was late. I saw a lot of kids throw their hands up wanting a flag because he was way more physical than anyone else on the field. Still, no flags thrown. He needs to channel his inner "Albert Haynesworth" and make sure that it never happens again. All the rest will work itself out.

That.s the one play I was referring too. The QB was down and he took a cheap shot. If not for past issues, I wouldn't have given it much thought.

You can dang sure bet he made the decision himself.A kid that plays a foot taller and 40lbs. heavier than he is with that swagger of his ain't gonna let nobody think for him.He was invited by a superfan and he and his dad bought in.Awards,except maybe a gold ball,are about all that he cares about.A two time All Stater as a soph,and I bet another on the way,is already more bling than 95% of high schoolers nationwide.He and GB were a match made in football heaven,and another medal is not what he's about.He's got a roomful of dust collectors now.A baller's gotta ball and mauler's gotta maul.That's all that's on the mind of Josh Silvey.

Are you talking to yourself??LOL.I'm getting confused again!!😲

Congratulations to three Cherokees being named to the TSWA 1A All-State team...all three were chosen for the defensive side: Josh Silvey - DL, Jaden Harris - LB and Kayne Roberts - Athlete...

Our Region 2-1A, as a whole, was well represented...out of the 30(15 Off. & 15 Def.) chosen the Region had a total of 9(3 Off. & 6 Def.) Coalfield: Jacob Stinnett - OL and Blake Hall - LB...Harriman: John Langley - OL, Treyton Peters - OL and Joe Pace - Athlete(D)...Oneida: Nash Lay - Punter. Congratulations to these young men as well...

Edited by cherokean