Did the TSSAA do the right thing in disqualify Riverdale and Smyrna from

lawnman

I'm sorry to disagree, but the fault is not with the teams. It is the governing body which has set up a tournament where there is every motivation to lose. Too many teams advance. This is far from the first time that teams have contended to lose a 3-4 matchup. Send 4 home, and give 1 a bye. Everyone has a reason to win.

Dollars to donuts 90% of the coaches would agree.

I agree whole heartedly.  This should have been fixed in post season.  4 teams out of each district advancing to the Regional is ridiculous to begin with.

I'm sorry to disagree, but the fault is not with the teams. It is the governing body which has set up a tournament where there is every motivation to lose. Too many teams advance. This is far from the first time that teams have contended to lose a 3-4 matchup. Send 4 home, and give 1 a bye. Everyone has a reason to win.

Dollars to donuts 90% of the coaches would agree.

While I do agree that only 3 teams should advance from the Districts, you blaming the TSSAA is complete hogwash. Using your backward logic, its ok for my neighbor to rob my house and then turn around and blame ME because I didn't lock my door in the first place.

While I don not condone it, it is one thing to to pull back the reigns and play vanilla and secretly hope the other team beats you. Its a completely other thing to order your kids to intentionally throw the ball away for a turnover and intentionally score in the other teams basket.

It does suck for the girls (even they knew exactly what they were doing, too) but the TSSAA had to throw the hammer down, and for once, they made the right call.

to bad for the kids,but tssaa had to set an example and they did. i think at this time it is appropriate punishment and truth be known ,i guarantee some players, some parents, and some  fans were thinking along the same line as the coaches (to intentionally loose),but that will never be admitted.

Riverdale will have to step things up to overtake Blackman in the coming seasons. Area teams need to be convincing players their own programs are the best place for them.

Riverdale is already loaded for years to come plus a huge feeder program in Christiana Middle with plenty of talent.  Blackman loses 4 DI athletes this year.  Blackman does not sub much and most have little to no experience outside of Dangerfield and Bond for next year.  Ditto with Oakland outside of Gibson and Eubank.  Out of these teams, Riverdale is setting the best and more than likely the 7-AAA favorite and beyond for 15-16, 16-17 and 17-18

Edited by WarriorFan

While I do agree that only 3 teams should advance from the Districts, you blaming the TSSAA is complete hogwash. Using your backward logic, its ok for my neighbor to rob my house and then turn around and blame ME because I didn't lock my door in the first place.

While I don not condone it, it is one thing to to pull back the reigns and play vanilla and secretly hope the other team beats you. Its a completely other thing to order your kids to intentionally throw the ball away for a turnover and intentionally score in the other teams basket.

It does suck for the girls (even they knew exactly what they were doing, too) but the TSSAA had to throw the hammer down, and for once, they made the right call.

Your example is extreme. But, ask anyone who handles internal controls if you should place a person in financial difficulty in a position where they handle cash. It is not right to place people in a position where they have to face temptation. TSAA has to know that this happens every year. This time it went to the extreme. The punishment may be appropriate, but TSSAA is not without blame.

Riverdale is already loaded for years to come plus a huge feeder program in Christiana Middle with plenty of talent. Blackman loses 4 DI athletes this year. Blackman does not sub much and most have little to no experience outside of Dangerfield and Bond for next year. Ditto with Oakland outside of Gibson and Eubank. Out of these teams, Riverdale is setting the best and more than likely the 7-AAA favorite and beyond for 15-16, 16-17 and 17-18

Plus, their coach does a top notch job teaching those young women about integrity, teamwork, and respect for the game!!

They should have tried to score own goals all night and made each other defend the other team from scoring for them. Would have been a scorers table nightmare but would have at least been competitive and fun to watch.

Jokes aside this is a shame and a disgrace. Hate it for the girls on both teams but I think the TSSAA is doing the right thing.

Your example is extreme. But, ask anyone who handles internal controls if you should place a person in financial difficulty in a position where they handle cash. It is not right to place people in a position where they have to face temptation. TSAA has to know that this happens every year. This time it went to the extreme. The punishment may be appropriate, but TSSAA is not without blame.

I am not disagreeing the the TSSAA created the oppertunity for a priblem, but the fact of the matter is that these coaches created this problem. If the coaches would not have done what they did, this wouldn't be an issue right now.

And to you saying this happens every year, THIS has NEVER happened. Show me another example in the state of TN where players are intentionally trying to score in the other teams basket in a District Consolation game.

Lazarus, by you name I assume you are a religious person by your logic then God is to blame for our sins. If he didn't want us to sin then why don't he remove the temptations from around us?? You know better than that!! Temptation is always there it is the individuals choice to decide their path. So don't blame the system blame the ones who chose, by free will to intentionally throw the game.