Best "A" district settled! Clearly 7A

bobcatfan300

GC who you got in Single A in West TN besides us and Middleton that could be a contender next year. Riverside, Gleason, Bradford, Dresden? I think GC is going to have to work on three things to get there and make noise: 1) find a true point guard or better ball movement and control turnovers 2) Get more post action in your offense as you will need to attack the big girls from Clarkrange.. Etc 3) Upgrade your press a little and get more aggressive as Middleton and McMinn Central did.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with that. Clarkrange plays a tough schedule, but you guys better get used to West TN being around.. Middleton, GC and Westview in AA will all be tough outs. Middleton lost their star player and still went undefeated and won it.

Edited by pioneer42

GC who you got in Single A in West TN besides us and Middleton that could be a contender next year. Riverside, Gleason, Bradford, Dresden? I think GC is going to have to work on three things to get there and make noise: 1) find a true point guard or better ball movement and control turnovers 2) Get more post action in your offense as you will need to attack the big girls from Clarkrange.. Etc 3) Upgrade your press a little and get more aggressive as Middleton and McMinn Central did.

1)  Unless someone transfers in, I don't think you will be able to do this before next year so you will need to figure out the next best thing.  2) Roach and White together may be just the post presence you need.  You can use the two of them to play inside out and you have the shooters and penetrators to be hard to handle.3) agree on this.  I would also call the press off if it is ineffective and just play tough half court defense.  you have the athletes to do that.

I believe you will be in the boro next year!  Good luck!

You got to learn to go inside out more. We have the dribble drive offense down. Just think Fields needs to learn to be a better passer when she gets double and triple teamed. Middleton went right after the big girl and got her in foul trouble and changed momentum. Didn't say they need to press all the time just think they need to get more aggressive when they run it.

Gibson should be the team to beat out of the west next year but who knows. We return all key players back from next year and bring in a great freshman group. All of the other better teams lose several key players except for Gibson.

15A had the best team in the state this year and may have had the best district not sure on that.  I don't think this year was a banner year for 7A.  You had 3 good teams and 2 bad ones so it was one of our weaker years.

Pickett nearly beat Middleton, Clarkrange made the finals and Jackson Co. wasn't that far behind. Usually there are 4 very good teams, but these three are all top 5 teams. Middleton was the best this year but there weren't 2 others in that district as good as them. this was HARDLY a weak year for 7A!

HOWS THAT CROW TASTE UC. The great 7A...whatever maybe next year. Maybe York has some speed you can steal this summer. When Lamar stops crying. Congrats Middleton. Maybe Lamar needs to request to play a team whos mascot is not a TIGER. #2YEARSINAROW

What a nasty post...no team making it to the finals is eating crow!  Pickett Co. nearly beat Middleton. 7A remains the best district and is far from being down...by the end of the year Pickett Co. was one of the top teams in the state...watch out for them next year!