McGavock team has broke up

Guest Smartguy

Guest Smartguy

I Heard that the coach told the boyz they had to cut there hair and half the team has braides so everybody quit that had braides so A.J. Price,Felton Jones,Deandre Carter has been put off team and other players too. so tell me what a big upset that is for that team?????????????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If coach Harris did take a stand, then good, its about time. But just wait, some of those guys will be allowed back on the team. With a new principal that has a backbone, I hope i am wrong, but time will tell. The parents know that a little pressure at that school will get what they want. Lets see what happens when they run into Tribue...he runs a tight ship and they can't play the race card.

Were these players really cut because they refused to cut their hair? Is this really important in the sport of basketball, or even in life? If a player wants to wear his/her hair in braids, why can't they? Do braids hinder their ability to play? I understand discipline and unity, but I think these things can be accomplished without dictating hair styles.

Hair leds to wrist bands to tatoos to destruction. You have to learn to follow the rules sometimes even if it means doing things you don't always agree with. I applaud the coach. He is in charge and he is represented by there actions and appearence. People unfortunately are judged by appearence (even the referees will judge) .

At Austin East High School, Coach Mitchell makes his players cut their hair. A lot of people think this is dumb but the reason for this is because many people with braids are label drug dealers or gang bangers. I know for a fact that that's not true but that's just how people are now days. The Coach at McGavock did a good job in doing this but in my opinion, males with braids should play no matter what. But if a coach says NO BRAIDs, then thats his rule and no one should make a fuss out of it.

AE has been with the NO BRAIDS rule for the longest and not much complaingin going on now days. Its like this either cut your hair or be cut from the team.

At Austin East High School, Coach Mitchell makes his players cut their hair. A lot of people think this is dumb but the reason for this is because many people with braids are label drug dealers or gang bangers. I know for a fact that that's not true but that's just how people are now days. The Coach at McGavock did a good job in doing this but in my opinion, males with braids should play no matter what. But if a coach says NO BRAIDs, then thats his rule and no one should make a fuss out of it.

AE has been with the NO BRAIDS rule for the longest and not much complaingin going on now days. Its like this either cut your hair or be cut from the team.

congrats coach....you are doing the right thing...basketball is a team sport...there is no place for individualism.....

these are team rules....

our coach has the same rules when the players are in practice or in transent to a game...plus a few more...that is no long hair, no shaved heads, no ear rings, no jewelry, no facial hair...shirts have to be tucked in...

when they come into a gym...the fans always comment how disciplined they appear..... first impressions are important....

again..great job coach...too much me, me and i, i today in society....

Good call here by the coach. I'm sure those guys who left the team and a lot of others are wondering why in the world it matters what their hair looks like. It was said earlier a lot of it is about impression. A coach is trying to build a winning program or maintain one, and those faces on that team may change year in and year out but that coach isn't and that school isn't. Its more than just an individual impression that is given by players. They paint a picture of that school, and even that community in some cases. So yeah it matters what your hair looks like to someone and that someone in this case happens to be the boss. A ton of jobs in the real world make you have a certain apperance.........so who is going to pass up on that good job cause you want to keep your hair?