Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

Is this going to be broadcast? There is no way that I will be able to make it to Pikeville.

BC, Yes, KWN-TV (Charter Cable Channel 195) will be following all of Whitwell Football's games this year. They will also be at the Jamboree tomorrow evening and that broadcast will begin at 11:00am (CST) on Saturday. It will also be shown again immediately following the first broadcast on Saturday with an additional airing on Sunday at 8:00am (CST).

BC, Yes, KWN-TV (Charter Cable Channel 195) will be following all of Whitwell Football's games this year. They will also be at the Jamboree tomorrow evening and that broadcast will begin at 11:00am (CST) on Saturday. It will also be shown again immediately following the first broadcast on Saturday with an additional airing on Sunday at 8:00am (CST).

Let me ask you a question. Did you have to pay those charter people extra money to televise those Whitwell boys on tv? Grider should do that. Im sure he would charge extra to get into his stadium if these charter people charge money to televise Griders games. I have charter cable and I would like to watch our boys play at again on Saturdays. You think im joking but im not.

Roy,

No sir, we didn't pay them anything. I went through town with the tv station owner and talked to business owners and we got some of them to sponsor the programming. We have been working all Summer and all the way back in the Winter. I bet if you could get them Little Debbie people (Fudge Rounds) and the Red Bull folks to sponsor you a show, that Grider Man could get his boys on the tv too...   :rolleyes:

We got our boys 40 new Riddell helmets, 40 new Riddell shoulder pads, and all new Nike cleats last year just through donations. Got another 32 sets of team cleats this year. We also got two of our boys recruited to play ball in college with scholarships, and another two as walk-ons with academic money last year. That's 4 out of 7 boys that were Seniors last year who will be playing football on Saturdays and getting a college education. Of course, I try to work real hard to get those college coaches to look at my boys. I don't want any extra money, and I won't take any extra either...I want all the extra money to go to our boys. 

We have a young team this year. 8 Seniors, 1 Junior, 10 Sophomores, and 10 Freshmen. Not all are healthy right now (in fact, that #33 that laid out that #1 last year is out for the season). So, everybody on our schedule should beat us by at least 6 touchdowns. That's ok though, we've been studying real hard and hoping to have some fun this year. We've got a new defensive coordinator and are still learning the defense, and another new coach from Dunlap. Just working hard and looking forward to having some fun this year. We've also been drinking a lot of chocolate milk after our workouts. We don't let our boys drink that Red Bull. We don't charge them for protein powder either or any of that mess...

Edited by CoachRCHelton

Roy,

No sir, we didn't pay them anything. I went through town with the tv station owner and talked to business owners and we got some of them to sponsor the programming. We have been working all Summer and all the way back in the Winter. I bet if you could get them Little Debbie people (Fudge Rounds) and the Red Bull folks to sponsor you a show, that Grider Man could get his boys on the tv too... :rolleyes:

We got our boys 40 new Riddell helmets, 40 new Riddell shoulder pads, and all new Nike cleats last year just through donations. Got another 32 sets of team cleats this year. We also got two of our boys recruited to play ball in college with scholarships, and another two as walk-ons with academic money last year. That's 4 out of 7 boys that were Seniors last year who will be playing football on Saturdays and getting a college education. Of course, I try to work real hard to get those college coaches to look at my boys. I don't want any extra money, and I won't take any extra either...I want all the extra money to go to our boys.

We have a young team this year. 8 Seniors, 1 Junior, 10 Sophomores, and 10 Freshmen. Not all are healthy right now (in fact, that #33 that laid out that #1 last year is out for the season). So, everybody on our schedule should beat us by at least 6 touchdowns. That's ok though, we've been studying real hard and hoping to have some fun this year. We've got a new defensive coordinator and are still learning the defense, and another new coach from Dunlap. Just working hard and looking forward to having some fun this year. We've also been drinking a lot of chocolate milk after our workouts. We don't let our boys drink that Red Bull. We don't charge them for protein powder either or any of that mess...

It sounds like Roy Dillard has made a friend.

We've also been drinking a lot of chocolate milk after our workouts. We don't let our boys drink that Red Bull. We don't charge them for protein powder either or any of that mess...

You don't give them boys that ole 2% chocolate milk do you? That whole milk is way better for them.

On a side note milk after a work out sounds like a horrible idea...7d589ab3272fd170fe2354ad99711215_zpsckfb

Roy,

No sir, we didn't pay them anything. I went through town with the tv station owner and talked to business owners and we got some of them to sponsor the programming. We have been working all Summer and all the way back in the Winter. I bet if you could get them Little Debbie people (Fudge Rounds) and the Red Bull folks to sponsor you a show, that Grider Man could get his boys on the tv too...   :rolleyes:

Are you joking me? Are any of these boys playing in the SEC? That is real good these boys get to play on tv on Friday nights. Grider should be doing that mess for our boys. I garuntee you if you trained those boys to nock a hole in that line for the runners to run through you want lose every game by six touchdowns. I can even give you a synopsis out of my Murphy Fair book each week if you want one about the team you are playing as long as the coach wasnt lazy and filled out the survey. You think im joking but im not.