Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

I heard they were going to take people to the stadium by horseback this year for the jamboree.

Barney are you joking? How am I going to carry my red bulls, fudge rounds, and my Murphy Fair book on a durn horse? This is a bunch of mess. I garuntee you that Owensby man will be hearing from me. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

I hope this is a joke lol. I thought about not going but since we play Whitwell in one of our qtrs I wanted to see the matchup. (Since we were afraid to play them ya know.)

Whitwell may not under this coaching staff, but they usually throw everything at teams during a jamboree to win a quarter and give their boys motivation. I remember the last time the jamboree was at sp they played Whitwell. Whitwell got the ball first and scored on the first play....a double reverse pass lol most teams you will see be very vanilla. Edited by powerp

Whitwell may not under this coaching staff, but they usually throw everything at teams during a jamboree to win a quarter and give their boys motivation. I remember the last time the jamboree was at sp they played Whitwell. Whitwell got the ball first and scored on the first play....a double reverse pass lol most teams you will see be very vanilla.

I just heard a rumor that they were going to turn it loose. Jamborees don't really mean anything but if you can gain some motivation that's always good.

PowerP, I can guarantee you this: While I am calling an offense, I will never call a double reverse pass. 

PurplePower, we will have our best 11 on the field because every opportunity we get to compete is a chance to get better and measure ourselves against the other teams. Since we consider MCHS one of the best teams in the state for 2-A we consider it a great opportunity to see where we are at as a team. Since we will be playing our best 11, we expect the same courtesy from whomever we play.

We currently have 8 Seniors, 1 Junior, 9 Sophomores, and 13 Freshmen on our roster. If they all make it through Tiger Camp (which begins tomorrow) we will have a roster of 31 young men. To say we are young, might be an understatement. But as everyone well knows, 1 player can make a difference for a 1-A team. If that 1 player goes down with an injury, it can definitely be a challenge to replace them. Our immediate objective is to keep all of the young men who grow up in Whitwell and play in our youth leagues, to stay at Whitwell. 

We look forward to the Jamboree and the upcoming 2015 season. I believe this area of the country is one of the most special places for high school football. We hope to see you all at the games and if your favorite teams happen to be on a bye week, we invite all fans to come to see the Tigers. We have some hard working young men that love to play football.

PowerP, I can guarantee you this: While I am calling an offense, I will never call a double reverse pass. 

PurplePower, we will have our best 11 on the field because every opportunity we get to compete is a chance to get better and measure ourselves against the other teams. Since we consider MCHS one of the best teams in the state for 2-A we consider it a great opportunity to see where we are at as a team. Since we will be playing our best 11, we expect the same courtesy from whomever we play.

We currently have 8 Seniors, 1 Junior, 9 Sophomores, and 13 Freshmen on our roster. If they all make it through Tiger Camp (which begins tomorrow) we will have a roster of 31 young men. To say we are young, might be an understatement. But as everyone well knows, 1 player can make a difference for a 1-A team. If that 1 player goes down with an injury, it can definitely be a challenge to replace them. Our immediate objective is to keep all of the young men who grow up in Whitwell and play in our youth leagues, to stay at Whitwell. 

We look forward to the Jamboree and the upcoming 2015 season. I believe this area of the country is one of the most special places for high school football. We hope to see you all at the games and if your favorite teams happen to be on a bye week, we invite all fans to come to see the Tigers. We have some hard working young men that love to play football.

You are doing a tremendous job coach!!! Keep it up!!

If you do this mess when Grider plays your boys he better tell that Peek man to get our boys in prevent defence. I garuntee you im not joking.

Barney are you joking? How am I going to carry my red bulls, fudge rounds, and my Murphy Fair book on a durn horse? This is a bunch of mess. I garuntee you that Owensby man will be hearing from me. You think im joking but im not.

You can ride in Barney's side car - he'll drop you off in front of the stadium

BarneySidecarStunt.jpg

You can ride in Barney's side car - he'll drop you off in front of the stadium

BarneySidecarStunt.jpg

I garuntee you im not riding in no durn side car. That Owensby man better have a durn trolly to pick people up and take us to his stadium. I will be real mad if I have to carry my cooler with red bulls and fudge rounds and my Murphy Fair book a half mile. You think im joking but im not.