1A State Champion Poll

2015 1A State Champion  

78 members have voted

1. 1. And the 2015 State Champion will be??

• Peabody
    • Nashville Christian
    • Union City
    • Dresden
    • Wayne County
    • South Pittsburg
    • Trousdale County
    • Coalfield
    • Greenback
    • Columbia Academy
    • Oneida
    • Mt. Pleasant
    • Huntingdon
    • Cloudland
    • Not listed (comment below)

Yes, they have. Hard times in SP right now and even tougher times in Gordonsville.

It is amazing how quickly things change in 1A.  I guess with a low amount of kids to choose from there is a greater chance of a fallout in talent.  Any one who has kept up with 1A football over the last 10 years knows that SP will not struggle too long. Especially with Grider back in the mix

It is amazing how quickly things change in 1A.  I guess with a low amount of kids to choose from there is a greater chance of a fallout in talent.  Any one who has kept up with 1A football over the last 10 years knows that SP will not struggle too long. Especially with Grider back in the mix

Better beat um while you can,they won't be down long.

It is amazing how quickly things change in 1A. I guess with a low amount of kids to choose from there is a greater chance of a fallout in talent. Any one who has kept up with 1A football over the last 10 years knows that SP will not struggle too long. Especially with Grider back in the mix

SP will be down for a few years. Unfortunately out next really good group of kids might be the current middle school level. I hope I am wrong, but I think that's the next shot to make a deep run for us. I believe everyone knows that we were very fortunate in our development of that group of kids. Those kids have always won so we anticipate them continuing to do so.

Huntingdon plays a similar style as UC does and was very young last year. They could be in the mix come Thanksgiving. I don't like them much but they have a good program. lol

Huntingdon, UC and Wayne co all run pretty much the same thing. I think WC has the best group of backs in 1a overall, the line is going to be the question.

Huntingdon, UC and Wayne co all run pretty much the same thing. I think WC has the best group of backs in 1a overall, the line is going to be the question.

Best backfield in 1A? I've heard UC has been a very tough running team too. Those must be some very impressive young men. Good luck to the Wildcats this year.

Best backfield in 1A? I've heard UC has been a very tough running team too. Those must be some very impressive young men. Good luck to the Wildcats this year.

Thetes no doubt UC will have a good running game, they always do, I was referring to the athletes in the backfield alone. Preston Rice at qb 6'4 and over 200 pounds, Logan Cole 6'0 and over 200 pounds, Joe Birchette 6'1 and about 250 pounds, and Lucas Ray 6'1 and over 200 pounds. All can run over a defender as well as being very quick in the open field.

Thetes no doubt UC will have a good running game, they always do, I was referring to the athletes in the backfield alone. Preston Rice at qb 6'4 and over 200 pounds, Logan Cole 6'0 and over 200 pounds, Joe Birchette 6'1 and about 250 pounds, and Lucas Ray 6'1 and over 200 pounds. All can run over a defender as well as being very quick in the open field.

Wow,a 1A team like that can wear down a team that has players going both ways.Looks like you all have some hawgs in the backfield. Edited by orngnblk