William Blount Governors @ Lenoir City Panthers

Governm

Congrats Gov91 and coaching staff at WB it is a start and evrey streak and change in momentum has to have one. Glad to see that happen for ya'll

Thanks! And you are right. Since 09 we have lost alot of close games to Lenoir City. Most of those were very similar to this one in the sense that they were very sloppy and low scoring games. And for awhile tonight I thought history was repeating itself but we stepped up and shut them down when it mattered. While we should have beaten them much worse it's still somewhat satisfying to see that we can still win a game when nothing seemed to be going right and all the flags were against us.

Very proud of the govs tonight we are definitely better than yrs past especially defense they were lot penalties and it killed us but besides that we got a good win on road its always tough to go on road to win we took care of business at end sealed win looking forward to this season these boys have alot heart and fight in them if any team deserves it its William blount after wat we have been put through since 2008 go govs go shad lets get it going 1-0 boo yah

If you are implying he encourages dirty play I disagree entirely. LC was playing dirty all night tonight and our players didn't respond to it most of the time. LC would have players running their traps and shoving our guys after plays were over and our players would just walk away. But the few times we did respond we would get flagged and shad would chew our players out. And a big brawl was about to break out as time expired at halftime because LC was playing dirty the whole time, the refs weren't calling penalties on them,and our players just got fed up. As time expired at the half they hit our QB late out of bounce and that was the straw that broke the camel's back and our whole team was ready to fight but Shad stepped in and quickly took control of the situation before it spiraled out of control. If Shad wasn't our coach tonight that situation would have gotten much uglier than it did.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I said EDGE. I didn't say dirty. He is not afraid to discipline a player for hurting the team. Just watch the rest of the season. You will see it. Your players will be more physical, aggressive, excited, determined. A different level of nasty. It can be good in some situations and it can be bad in others. Just have to control it. Even when the straw breaks the camels back. Shad going to teach them how to do that. Control it. Again i am saying EDGE not playing dirty. Like I said. Watch the rest of the season. Congrats on the win and hang on tight because its gonna be a fun ride.

Edited by milo118

G91,

Just looking at stats, The Kid must have looked good? I guess he had time to throw? Good win for WB.

May need some screens and quick passes against Alcoa. They can definitely rush the passer.

The passing game was on fire last night. "The Kid" looked like a pro under pressure and was throwing some accurate passes. And no interceptions. Hannah and Nuchols caught long TD passes.

The Dear Leader was most displeased with the officiating crew the other night but the Dear Leader was very pleased with the grit and determination of the Alnwick workers. The Dear Leader will be picking the refs for the rest of the games this year to be sure they will call the game fairly (and by that I mean no flags on us). The Dear Leader will not let the refs that called the LC game call another WB game this year unless they have been reformed and are loyal to the Alnwick Workers Party.

• 4 years later...