Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

I agree here ... Congrats wildcats !!! But DB kicked their self .. DB was pounding them from the 20 yard line in (gained 14 yards on 3 carries) then went to the air twice (last one being interception) near the 6 yard line ,why ?!! just keep pounding because we were getting yards per carry " !!

Wow, Big Man kicking people while they're down. I've only read congratulatory remarks. I'll be the first to say that refs don't lose a game for a team, but they sure can cause the other team to win.

Ha! That being said, your Defensive stand at the end was what won the game. No officiating caused the int, just a HS kid making a play when it was needed.

Like I said, good luck the rest of the way.

Roll Tribe!

Edited by kingindian33

The refs were bad for both teams. I think as a group they wanted to be noticed. It was a good game but would of been a great game with a better ref crew. With the exception of Maryville I don't think DB will see a better defense the rest of the year. Won't see better receivers for sure.

Correct !! If they can improve on mistakes(imagine that) then DB will be a great team and tough one too beat the rest of the way until Maryville ! ((()Stay away 6'6 d1 players )))) ! These young kids play their heart out !!

The refs were bad for both teams. I think as a group they wanted to be noticed. It was a good game but would of been a great game with a better ref crew. With the exception of Maryville I don't think DB will see a better defense the rest of the year. Won't see better receivers for sure.

Edited by kingindian33

You don't agree?

No, I don't.

Defense gave us great field position & timely penalties that helped us score first 10. Throwing the ball to the best WR in HS in TN got us the other 7. Once again, much of the offense was Dunbar running for his life when plays broke down or penalty yards.

We are still not getting the ball to 5 & 9 enough. We stil don't have a consistent running game. We are still unable to run the option, which is supposed to be the bread & butter of this offense, because there is too much penetration by the DL.

Seriously, someone from OR tell me why the heck do you just not throw the ball as high and as far as your QB can (whichever one is in) up in the air and just let 9 and 5 go get it. There hire me to come and coach the offense.

Our offensive coaches are terrible & unorganized.

Thankfully, we have a great defense to bail us out.