Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

My opinion of last nights game...

1. When DB had Oak Ridge in a long yardage situation they would throw to their talented D1 wideouts and a Pass Interference flag would hit the turf. 3 of the passes were not catchable but the flag still came out. Same ref threw the flag which was on the Oak Ridge sideline.

2. DBs hurry up offense was killing Oak Ridges defense on multiple times and the refs would slow them down by not resetting the ball for play in a reasonable fashion along with Oak Ridge players faking cramps and injuries to slow them down.

3. On certain plays that DB had success on while on offense was called back because of a penalty of some sort( chop block, man down field on a pass behind the line of scrimmage).

4. The most horrible non call of the night was the late hit out of bounds on DBs sideline which could have cause a major injury. They have all these safety precautions in college and NFL that don't get called in the High School game.

5. In my opinion the wide outs for Oak Ridge was being pampered all night, when ever they were touched in the slightest of ways a penalty was called. I think the refs were star struck by the status of the OR wideouts.

6. Never In my life have I ever seen so many flags being waved off in a High School game,either you know the rules or you don't. It was a big game for the TSSAA to put rookie refs on the field even down to the clock being reset several times.

Oak Ridge won the game but DB had a chance to win in the closing minutes after all the crap calls they had to endure against them. In my opinion Oak Ridge is a decent team but they escaped J F Johnson stadium with a win that they didn't deserve. T Higgins is a good football player but he has a lot to learn before he takes his talents to Knoxville. I am a neutral fan that loves high school football but felt early on that DB would have to fight just more than the Oak Ridge football team to win last night. Cant wait until the rematch in the playoffs, hopefully the safety of the players are taken into consideration next time. Good luck to DB and Oak Ridge the rest of the year... 

1. When DB had Oak Ridge in a long yardage situation they would throw to their talented D1 wideouts and a Pass Interference flag would hit the turf. 3 of the passes were not catchable but the flag still came out. Same ref threw the flag which was on the Oak Ridge sideline.

2. DBs hurry up offense was killing Oak Ridges defense on multiple times and the refs would slow them down by not resetting the ball for play in a reasonable fashion along with Oak Ridge players faking cramps and injuries to slow them down.

3. On certain plays that DB had success on while on offense was called back because of a penalty of some sort( chop block, man down field on a pass behind the line of scrimmage).

4. The most horrible non call of the night was the late hit out of bounds on DBs sideline which could have cause a major injury. They have all these safety precautions in college and NFL that don't get called in the High School game.

5. In my opinion the wide outs for Oak Ridge was being pampered all night, when ever they were touched in the slightest of ways a penalty was called. I think the refs were star struck by the status of the OR wideouts.

6. Never In my life have I ever seen so many flags being waved off in a High School game,either you know the rules or you don't. It was a big game for the TSSAA to put rookie refs on the field even down to the clock being reset several times.

Oak Ridge won the game but DB had a chance to win in the closing minutes after all the crap calls they had to endure against them. In my opinion Oak Ridge is a decent team but they escaped J F Johnson stadium with a win that they didn't deserve. T Higgins is a good football player but he has a lot to learn before he takes his talents to Knoxville. I am a neutral fan that loves high school football but felt early on that DB would have to fight just more than the Oak Ridge football team to win last night. Cant wait until the rematch in the playoffs, hopefully the safety of the players are taken into consideration next time. Good luck to DB and Oak Ridge the rest of the year...

We don't play in the playoffs. They're a much larger school then us. Excuses can be made all day long, but the scoreboard don't lie, and that's all that matters. Suck it up and move on to the next game. Good luck.

Oak Ridge won the game but DB had a chance to win in the closing minutes after all the crap calls they had to endure against them. In my opinion Oak Ridge is a decent team but they escaped J F Johnson stadium with a win that they didn't deserve. T Higgins is a good football player but he has a lot to learn before he takes his talents to Knoxville. I am a neutral fan that loves high school football but felt early on that DB would have to fight just more than the Oak Ridge football team to win last night. Cant wait until the rematch in the playoffs, hopefully the safety of the players are taken into consideration next time. Good luck to DB and Oak Ridge the rest of the year...

Maybe all this is true but Oak Ridge had some bad calls against them also. Where DB lost the game was when the ball was tipped on the pass play to the end zone from the 5 yrd. line with 2 minutes to go. That would of given them a 4 point lead and I don't think Oak Ridge could of scored a TD against DB's defense in the time left. That ball doesn't get tipped its a win for DB. It's that simple. Also there will be no rematch in the playoffs. Oak Ridge is 5A. On another note: A 17-14 loss to Oak Ridge is way better for the team than a 62-0 win over Volunteer or Central.

That's the two that I so much have mentioned last night and today !!! Like I said its kids safety and who ever said "it's a kids game - kids play refs don't " maybe if it was your player or kid you would think deffently .... It was so obvious that even the "jumbo seen it" ....I'm not going to complain about any other non call or flags it's just simple dangerous calls that need to be addressed ... Stupid Refs can't make them calls they don't need to be on the field or for that matter suspended ... No one should say they don't see everything because these two plays where back to back and the first one was right beside 3 refs ....

You took that wrong, and I said it wrong. I agree that the refs should take control so it can be a kids game.

Now 1 thing I do agree with is : all the flags waived off ... it shows just how much they failed in there ability and knowledge to be Refs..now this went both ways in some cases and I'm not complaining about a loss to a great team , I'm simply complaining about drunk refs....

Oak Ridge won the game but DB had a chance to win in the closing minutes after all the crap calls they had to endure against them. In my opinion Oak Ridge is a decent team but they escaped J F Johnson stadium with a win that they didn't deserve. T Higgins is a good football player but he has a lot to learn before he takes his talents to Knoxville. I am a neutral fan that loves high school football but felt early on that DB would have to fight just more than the Oak Ridge football team to win last night. Cant wait until the rematch in the playoffs, hopefully the safety of the players are taken into consideration next time. Good luck to DB and Oak Ridge the rest of the year...

Maybe all this is true but Oak Ridge had some bad calls against them also. Where DB lost the game was when the ball was tipped on the pass play to the end zone from the 5 yrd. line with 2 minutes to go. That would of given them a 4 point lead and I don't think Oak Ridge could of scored a TD against DB's defense in the time left. That ball doesn't get tipped its a win for DB. It's that simple. Also there will be no rematch in the playoffs. Oak Ridge is 5A. On another note: A 17-14 loss to Oak Ridge is way better for the team than a 62-0 win over Volunteer or Central.

This is why WacoJaco is one of the classiest DB fans you will ever meet.

Both teams had a chance to win (and to lose), from a fan standpoint it doesn't get any better than this, a close game that came down to the wire.

Time to move on for both teams