Oak Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

hincke2000

Waco is classy. Never makes excuses. I respect that. One little thing I want to mention that has gone overlooked and then I'll hang it up. DB still had a chance to win the game even after we got the INT, but y'all couldn't get a stop on D. Had 3 TOs left and us backed way up in DB territory, but our QB made two fantastic runs. Could've been very easy for us to screw up there and have to punt it and give y'all great field position with another chance to go in to tie it up or get the win. We deserve credit for that. We made the plays when he had to. That's the bottom line. OK I'm done. Best wishes.

Waco is classy. Never makes excuses. I respect that. One little thing I want to mention that has gone overlooked and then I'll hang it up. DB still had a chance to win the game even after we got the INT, but y'all couldn't get a stop on D. Had 3 TOs left and us backed way up in DB territory, but our QB made two fantastic runs. Could've been very easy for us to screw up there and have to punt it and give y'all great field position with another chance to go in to tie it up or get the win. We deserve credit for that. We made the plays when he had to. That's the bottom line. OK I'm done. Best wishes.

You all sound just like the South fans. They are always telling me how classy I am. But honestly, you guys obviously haven't read all my post. I'm just having a "classy flash".

Your right.Oak Ridge always scored or made a big play when they had to have it.Thats why they never trailed.The refs could of called holding vs DB almost every play that was a pass.The recovered fumbled punt wouldve allowed Oak Ridge to have it in red zone right b4 half.And I think the man down field flag was the same play our player got pulled down with 2 hands right in front of ref.Bottom line Oak Ridge led the whole way and deserved the win.DB will be fine and have good year.

My opinion of last nights game...

1. When DB had Oak Ridge in a long yardage situation they would throw to their talented D1 wideouts and a Pass Interference flag would hit the turf. 3 of the passes were not catchable but the flag still came out. Same ref threw the flag which was on the Oak Ridge sideline.

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the pass has to be catchable in high school for the ref to call interference.

Trail of Tears.

When DB imitates FSU, the chant should be, "Waah," instead of "Whoa."

Myself,I  wouldn't compare the trail of tears to any sports event.Sure fans pizz and cry about the refs,but it won't change anything.I think if OR and DB played 10 times this year,OR wins 9.This was probably the best chance for DB to get that one and it always stings a little more when they are close losses.Now,if you get drilled in a game , then there really isn't anything to say but the competition was just better on this day.If DB doesn't have to back up on that last drive,they probably run it in for a win.

Edited by BatmanDB

I just found out all the refs were from Oak Ridge. It all makes sense now.

After being at the game and watching the playback, here are my observations:

1- Clark is a headhunter

2-Dunbar is a playmaker

3-I like it when Fadnek gets in

4-I was right in front of Gaddis when Simpson came over with the bloodiest face I've ever seen (looked like a fighter with a bad cut) and the way that Gaddis took care of him was good to see

4-Our defense will hit you

5-Tee is a very good defensive player

6-Nickle may be our MVP

7-Our offense improved but still has MILES to go

8-Manookian needs to stay healthy

9-DB is a very good team

10-Kimbro is tough