CPA defeats Georgia 6A powerhouse Peachtree

ArmorOfGod316

Great job CPA! Way To represent Tennessee! At least we have a few schools that will go out and challenge the nation's best. Just wish some of our state's powerhouses would join in! Guess that will never happen! Even little Ole Rhea county is going to powerhouse Indianapolis Cathedral! I'm so proud we have a few in our state willing to take a chance!

You have to be darn good to beat Peachtree Creek they're some bad boys.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an incredible win for CPA and for the state of Tennessee.  I read on here last year where some posters stated that North Atlanta 6A football teams would beat Maryville by 4 TD's.  I drank the kool aid and read the hype regarding Peachtree Ridge.  They have 8 kids with ACC/SEC offers including many with 4 and 5 star ratings from Rivals and 247. 

Peachtree is very talented bunch but CPA was in better condition, played with better discipline and was fundamentally sound football especially on defense and tackling.  Our OL found a way to create creases for the ball carriers despite giving up nearly 30 lbs per man. 

Finally, someone needs to offer Wallace Barrett.  Kid had a 93 yard kickoff return and was a workhorse at RB churning our 71 yards against a tough Peachtree Defense with literally dozens of SEC offers.  Barrett was the star of the game and was going both ways while all that 4 - 5 star talent from Peachtree Ridge was on the sidelines with leg cramps. 

• 2 weeks later...