Week 3: Greenback @Oneida

crow

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fall101

Too early in the week apparently......going to hang in the JuJu Hut til the fires have been stoked. Right now you'd think two 92 year olds were getting ready to box. Where the Hype?

Kazziteetoe

I agree! Maybe we should just trash talk a little that always seems to get everyone's fire goin Edited by Fall101

Greenback and Oneida rivalry tidbits:

• played 33 times, 7 of which were in the playoffs, since 1979...Greenback's 15 wins to Oneida's 18 wins.
  • win streaks:  Greenback - 4 games(2010-13), Oneida - 6 games(2005-09)
  • biggest win margin:  Greenback 45pts in 2002(45-0), Oneida 34pts in 2007(42-8)
  • points margin of victory:  <7...11 games; 8-20...12 games; 21-30...4 games; 31-40...5 games; 40+...1 game

Crow...Oneida's football website is missing 2 games of our rivalry...1997 regular season @ Oneida, Greenback won 7-0 and 1991 playoff 2nd Round Greenback won 13-7.

Also, 1988 game was a win for Oneida not a lose and a couple of scoring discrepancies from what I have (1979: 28-8 and 1991 reg. season: 31-30, idk who's right or wrong).

Edited by cherokean

Greenback and Oneida rivalry tidbits:

• played 33 times, 7 of which were in the playoffs, since 1979...Greenback's 15 wins to Oneida's 18 wins.
  • win streaks: Greenback - 4 games(2010-13), Oneida - 6 games(2005-09)0
  • biggest win margin: Greenback 45pts in 2002(45-0), Oneida 34pts in 2007(42-8)
  • points margin of victory: <7...11 games; 8-20...12 games; 21-30...4 games; 31-40...5 games; 40+...1 game
Crow...Oneida's football website is missing 2 games of our rivalry...1997 regular season @ Oneida, Greenback won 7-0 and 1991 playoff 2nd Round Greenback won 13-7.

Also, 1988 game was a win for Oneida not a lose and a couple of scoring discrepancies from what I have (1979: 28-8 and 1991 reg. season: 31-30, idk who's right or wrong).

You are correct Cherokean that was my Jr yr after we won the state.Lost to Oneida that yr.Your 97 and 91 scores are correct also.

In JuJu Hut.....feel a buzz but very little else. I guess that may be anticipating that the game is nearing but really have little to go on as far as the outcome. Greenback is a very good team and I think Oneida showed great resilence last week in overcoming things. They will both get after each other, that is pretty much a given. I'm not certain whether either team has a clear edge over the other. Oneida's punter makes you have to go a long way because he has been booming his kicks. Kicked from his 43 last week and it went in end zone on one hop. There have been very few scores thrown out there, that tells me there are quite a few unknowns to be answered by both teams, I do expect a great game, just not solid on what we going to see. I retreat to the Hut to gain more insight.

Kazoom