Week 3:Oak Ridge at Farragut

BigDave1967

Ahh yes, I remember when Gaddis was an assistant at Farragut, came over with Coach Bland from Tullahoma I believe. Farragut ran the power I back then. One interesting player for Farragut this season is CB/WR #3 Kirkendall (sp?). In 2 games he has 4 ints, 1 PR TD, and 1 or 2 TDs receiving. Kid is playing lights out right now. One problem Farragut has shown is a bit of lack of discipline, against Gibbs last Friday they had multiple personal fouls and one player ejected. It hasn't hurt them so far, but in a game like this you just can't give away first downs. Farragut's defense has been very good, if not very tested. They've had a couple of busted coverages that have resulted in giving up big plays, but have been really solid against the run. Not sure they have an answer for Higgins though.

Ahh yes, I remember when Gaddis was an assistant at Farragut, came over with Coach Bland from Tullahoma I believe. Farragut ran the power I back then. One interesting player for Farragut this season is CB/WR #3 Kirkendall (sp?). In 2 games he has 4 ints, 1 PR TD, and 1 or 2 TDs receiving. Kid is playing lights out right now. One problem Farragut has shown is a bit of lack of discipline, against Gibbs last Friday they had multiple personal fouls and one player ejected. It hasn't hurt them so far, but in a game like this you just can't give away first downs. Farragut's defense has been very good, if not very tested. They've had a couple of busted coverages that have resulted in giving up big plays, but have been really solid against the run. Not sure they have an answer for Higgins though.

Hey Star here is a really cool article that was in my high school yearbook that Gaddis wrote about OR. In the 3rd or 4th paragraph he speaks about when he coached for Farragut and came to Blankenship to play Oak Ridge. If I'm not mistaken, our old Coach Lussier also was an assistant with the Admirals. 19008_4889931759141_2131388968_n.jpg?oh=

Nu-bie ??? Really ??? I've been around a long time and my son has been at OR for 3.5 years now. Oh you can bet that the Wildcats will be up for this game for sure. SS help me out here but I don't think anybody has put 21 points on us in a couple of years now so I'm not sure what makes you think the Admirals will this week FHS

Nu-bie was just a little play on your board nickname. As for the Cats being up, they may well be but it's also possible they could be a little drained emotionally and physically after two really tough ballgames. Additionally, even at their best OR has some struggles on offense. Lastly, I don't think you give Farragut any credit at all for having a pretty good ball club themselves with the kind of size that could give OR some trouble. None of this guarantees an Admiral victory by any means. It's just my opinion that it will give them enough to barely squeak by. We'll see Friday.