Week 3:Oak Ridge at Farragut

BigDave1967

Nu-bie ??? Really ??? I've been around a long time and my son has been at OR for 3.5 years now. Oh you can bet that the Wildcats will be up for this game for sure. SS help me out here but I don't think anybody has put 21 points on us in a couple of years now so I'm not sure what makes you think the Admirals will this week FHS

Nu-bie was just a little play on your board nickname. As for the Cats being up, they may well be but it's also possible they could be a little drained emotionally and physically after two really tough ballgames. Additionally, even at their best OR has some struggles on offense. Lastly, I don't think you give Farragut any credit at all for having a pretty good ball club themselves with the kind of size that could give OR some trouble. None of this guarantees an Admiral victory by any means. It's just my opinion that it will give them enough to barely squeak by. We'll see Friday.

Glad to see some fellow Admirals finally showing up on here. STARPOWER, since you seem to go way back with Farragut, you're probably qualified to answer this question. Having been around Farragut football for a long time, graduated in 1996, played all four years, and had cousins that played before and after me. Does the Thomas kid not remind you of Hunter Rigsby? They seem to have the same running style. The more I see him play, the more he reminds me of him. 

Glad to see some fellow Admirals finally showing up on here. STARPOWER, since you seem to go way back with Farragut, you're probably qualified to answer this question. Having been around Farragut football for a long time, graduated in 1996, played all four years, and had cousins that played before and after me. Does the Thomas kid not remind you of Hunter Rigsby? They seem to have the same running style. The more I see him play, the more he reminds me of him. 

Not an Admiral fan obviously, but I remember Rigsby. I think Thomas is better. Thomas reminds me more of our old great back Spencer Gulmire. Same body type and style. Chris Avans was Farragut's QB when I was @ OR. 

If my memory is correct. Bruce Lussier and Eddie Courtney were assistants at Farragut under Ken Sparks, when Sparks moved on to CN Bruce got the HC job at Halls and took Eddie with him. Gaddis arrived as an assistant at Farragut with the new staff in 1980. So in a roundabout way we're family and fight like family.

If my memory is correct. Bruce Lussier and Eddie Courtney were assistants at Farragut under Ken Sparks, when Sparks moved on to CN Bruce got the HC job at Halls and took Eddie with him. Gaddis arrived as an assistant at Farragut with the new staff in 1980. So in a roundabout way we're family and fight like family.

You're 100% correct. Bruce coached Halls in 79, and 80. Yeah, I have never really thought about it in that way, but you're right, we do. OR/Farragut have had a lot of connections through the years. It's a great rivalry. I know y'all have a great one with Bearden, too. How do you rank the two in terms of how big the rivalries are? I would think OR is probably bigger to you guys, since you have always dominated Bearden, for the most part?

Edited by SweetScience

My football hatred of OR mainly stems from going through the beat downs in the 80s and 90s. The kids today don't feel it because of our recent success against OR. Bearden is a more natural rivalry due to proximity and I always root for dropping 100 on them. They don't require my grudging respect like OR does.

Haha. I bet you miss those toss sweep right toss sweep left ground and pound OR teams back then don't you? lol Steady doses of Summers, Bohanon, and Williams. 

In those days the was no subtlety to the OR offense, nor was there a need. Pro-I formation, QB reverses out and pitches to any one of OR's stable of stud backs. Bohannon was very scary anytime he touched the ball. I was very relieved when they switched to the wing-t for a couple of years

No their wasn't. We would tell you where we were going to run it. You would either be good enough to stop it, or not. Most were not.