Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

If your son goes to GCS and you didn't know that CofC was a requirement.....ummm, how did you not know that?

Church of Christ is not a requirement to attend, so why would I think that every person employed at the school had to be Church of Christ. I've asked 9 families and none of them knew that you had to be C of C to teach or be a coach so I'm not alone. I think everyone knows that the schools affiliation is c of c, but not that you have to be to work there.

The program is totally in disarray . They suspended 7 players for discipline issues this week. They dismiss Middle School coach before the season starts because he and varsity coach couldn't get along. 5-6 grade team wins one game

The whole program is dissfunctional. Goodpasture needs a house cleaning.

The program is totally in disarray . They suspended 7 players for discipline issues this week. They dismiss Middle School coach before the season starts because he and varsity coach couldn't get along. 5-6 grade team wins one game

The whole program is dissfunctional. Goodpasture needs a house cleaning

1. 7 players were suspended for school discipline issues. Correct. Just like regular kids get suspended all the time at every school mostly for he said/ she said crap.

2. The middle school coach was not dismissed because he could not get along with the varsity coach. False. If you truly were "GCS" you would know why. Obviously you are not. Maybe you were formerly correct?

3.The 5-6 grade team went three years 2008/9/10 without a single win. Those classes also just happen to be the ones playing varsity now. And by the way Martin was here then while the streak was going on.

This is nothing new. Several other 5-6 grade private school teams allow kids that don't even attend their school to play for their team. Most would be considered "ringers". They routinely play one team that has tryouts for kids all over Sumner County. This years 10th graders actually beat the all-star team as 6th graders. 3 overtimes.  I was there.

There is no governing body over this level of play. GCS chooses not to take advantage and just play with their kids. There are maybe 120-130 kids in the 5th and 6th grade boys and girls included. So just law of averages 60--65 boys. At least half are going to just not be athletically inclined. Several more will have parents that are afraid they will get hurt in football. Just how good can you expect them to be? But again, if you really were "GCS" instead of a butt-hurt crybaby supposed adult, you would know this. Feel free to come speak to me about it.

1. 7 players were suspended for school discipline issues. Correct. Just like regular kids get suspended all the time at every school mostly for he said/ she said crap.

2. The middle school coach was not dismissed because he could not get along with the varsity coach. False. If you truly were "GCS" you would know why. Obviously you are not. Maybe you were formerly correct?

3.The 5-6 grade team went three years 2008/9/10 without a single win. Those classes also just happen to be the ones playing varsity now. And by the way Martin was here then while the streak was going on.

This is nothing new. Several other 5-6 grade private school teams allow kids that don't even attend their school to play for their team. Most would be considered "ringers". They routinely play one team that has tryouts for kids all over Sumner County. This years 10th graders actually beat the all-star team as 6th graders. 3 overtimes.  I was there.

There is no governing body over this level of play. GCS chooses not to take advantage and just play with their kids. There are maybe 120-130 kids in the 5th and 6th grade boys and girls included. So just law of averages 60--65 boys. At least half are going to just not be athletically inclined. Several more will have parents that are afraid they will get hurt in football. Just how good can you expect them to be? But again, if you really were "GCS" instead of a butt-hurt crybaby supposed adult, you would know this. Feel free to come speak to me about it.

You are correct in every aspect of this post!!

To "GCS", the middle school coach was not dismissed before the season. He coached at least two games before Coach Patton took over.

I am a distant observer of Goodpasture football, but from the outside view it is disappointing that a once successful Christian school cannot operate with some level of purposeful intent.  This whole forum thread is full of mudslinging and excuse making.  I agree with Sackmaster, winning football games isn't rocket science.  A good coach can turn around a program in a hurry, granted it takes the right person and the right skill set.  Unfortunately now, you have back to back coaches that are associated with ineptitude.  That cannot be erased.  There are reasons that professional and college teams dismiss a coach that has a horrible season; they are forever associated with losing.  My 2 cents is that GCS should have done their homework and brought in a proven winner.  Winning is a habit.  So is losing.

You know as well as I do what his record is the last 3-4 years. Very thinly veiled attempt. I expected more from you.

Look at his record at Gallatin and Cookeville.

(0_o) ? You may be giving me a little bit more credit than I deserve brother, but I get your angle. I was serious. It wasn't an attempt to undermine any previous statements, but I guess you're entitled to your opinion. I legitimately wanted to know & still do. With that being said, can you please point me in the right direction so I can find it myself?