Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

If you have to look for it then yes, I am giving you more credit than you deserve.

Obviously either never paid attention to mid-state high school football or not from around here. Which is it?

Lol...incredibly defensive today I see. Must have had a long night or terrible morning. Either way, I hope it gets better for you brother. From previous posts that you have created, you've been pretty insightful about Coach J, so that's why I asked you specifically. Didn't mean to bother though, so I'll step off. "I expected more from you" big chief. Maybe we'll have a better convo another time perhaps...

I am not trying to take up for BigChief, he is very capable of doing this himself. However in reading many of these posts, chief appears to be one of the few who are trying to look towards the future and at least offer some encouragement for Goodpasture. I would not intentionally insult a group of 16-18 year old young men who give their all to play regardless of record, but chief brought up a good point about the record of these classes in middle school. It looks like Goodpasture just has a dip in the overall talent level currently.

Let the past be the past, you are not changing it no matter what. Take a similar attitude as chief and get behind the current coach and players, if everyone at Goodpasture would take a positive stance going forward, you might be surprised how this would impact all areas of Goodpasture including football.

I agreed 100% & I definitely respect big chief's passion & loyalty to GCS. Quite frankly, that school needs as much of that as possible. Heck, every school needs that! But sometimes there's not enough of that going around. Anyway, not once have I gotten on here bashed any player, coach, or GCS itself. I've only tried to gain a better understanding of how such a powerhouse is in this current situation.

Here it is in a nutshell.

1. A pretty good group of athletes did not know how to stay out of trouble and caused problems for themselves and their coach.

2. First coaching change..

3. Bad coaching hire

4. Downturn in athletes at bad time.

5. Absolute lack of work required of players. No weight program required at all.

6. Embarrassing 0-10 season in 2A.

7. 2nd coaching change in two years.

8. Highly respected (by other coaches) new head coach hired

9. Team moves up to 3A and starts 3-5 freshmen on both sides of the ball

10.. 0-10 again

Sums it up. Nobody wants to see GCS turn this around anymore than me. We shall see next week if the staff and players are serious about beginning to fix the problems. Time to start the pre-season. There cannot be an off-season.

1. A pretty good group of athletes did not know how to stay out of trouble and caused problems for themselves and their coach.

3. Bad coaching hire

5. Absolute lack of work required of players. No weight program required at all.

10.. 0-10 again

Sums it up. Nobody wants to see GCS turn this around anymore than me. We shall see next week if the staff and players are serious about beginning to fix the problems. Time to start the pre-season. There cannot be an off-season.

You are exactly on point again!!

Great post!! Player workouts will start next week.

3. Bad coaching hire

10.. 0-10 again

Sums it up. Nobody wants to see GCS turn this around anymore than me. We shall see next week if the staff and players are serious about beginning to fix the problems. Time to start the pre-season. There cannot be an off-season.

Well said brother...

1. A pretty good group of athletes did not know how to stay out of trouble and caused problems for themselves and their coach. whose fault is that?

3. Bad coaching hire agreed

4. Downturn in athletes at bad time. happens at every school, at some point, excuse imho

5. Absolute lack of work required of players. No weight program required at all. whose fault is that?

8. Highly respected (by other coaches) new head coach hired wouldn't have been my choice(see #3), but not the point

9. Team moves up to 3A and starts 3-5 freshmen on both sides of the ball not an easy task, but another excuse imho

10.. 0-10 again does #6 not still apply? I'm not sure what other adjective could go ahead of 0-10... 

Very true, hopefully some of those items you consider to be reasons for 0-10 seasons will disappear. Proof will still be the product that the Goodpasture faithful and others see on the field of play in 2016.

Edited by Sackmaster50

As I had posted previously. Wrestling is offered to all GCS students, including k-8 students. The kids are working hard and they are beginning to compete. There are no tryouts, it is offered to everyone willing to try it. Elementary is k-4, middle school is 5-8 and high school is offered to grades 8-12. Go to apexwrestlingschools.com to see a list of ballplayers and coaches who attest to values of wrestling for the ballplayer. Don't take my word for it. Check it out. The door is always open, enter the door and put the kids on the mat. Next season you will see a difference in their attitude, aggressiveness, discipline, and self confidence.

I believe what Tee is saying is that it is the job of every school to recruit its parents and families daily. They should be showing the highest quality of academic and spiritual support they provide as well as fantastic extracurricular activities.

If GP "recruits" its current parents this way the school will greatly benefit.

The word "recruiting" is often placed in a negative light when in fact its the responsability of every school, whether public or private, to do just that with their current families. IMO its synonymous with "attract" as it relates to its appeal.

Edited by Playerscoach

As I had posted previously. Wrestling is offered to all GCS students, including k-8 students. The kids are working hard and they are beginning to compete. There are no tryouts, it is offered to everyone willing to try it. Elementary is k-4, middle school is 5-8 and high school is offered to grades 8-12. Go to apexwrestlingschools.com to see a list of ballplayers and coaches who attest to values of wrestling for the ballplayer. Don't take my word for it. Check it out. The door is always open, enter the door and put the kids on the mat. Next season you will see a difference in their attitude, aggressiveness, discipline, and self confidence.

:?: