Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

Sack master, I believe you are affiliated with DCA, they have wrestling, correct? Do you see the benefit for football? I would believe some of the holds in wrestling could be illegal in football?

Yep, last time I checked the rules, the Russian choke hold could not be used in football unless you could do it when the ref was not looking.

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly Not a Basketball thread but Goodpasture got it right in Adamson. Someone young who can relate to the parents and players and the outside community. Which is mind boggling to me as to why Cook wasn't given a shot in some capacity at the school with his relationship with families and the Youth Football community in this city IMO. Also you build the program from the ground up and Goodpasture Middle Schools program is great for basketball, however in Middle School Football this year we kept the same coach who wasn't very good and he had to be dismissed. Not sure where Goodpasture was going with the varsity hire when the program needed someone young and energetic that would be around longer. Again my kids going to the 9th grade and I know that the tailback from Gallatin would have been at Goodpasture the running back from Whites Creek and two Freshmen lineman that started this year at East if the hire was different. Im not trying to be negative just trying to see how concerned we are about building a football program as it is the face of the school and at this point we have to support Joslin in any kind of way we can but again hes going to need help with a better staff and help in getting students/players.

Are you saying you along with your upcoming 9th grader "know that the tailback from Gallatin would have been at Goodpasture" by the name Jordan Mason? Are you not talking about the current player from Gallatin, Jermaine Mason, that followed Joslin from JPII where they both were recruited and one went only due to family knowing Joslin when he coached at Gallatin?

• 4 weeks later...

Goodpasture football doesn't deserve a thread. They'll never win a thing because they have an unfair hiring process in which they use to find a coach. They hired a loser to come from another loser over a black young father of a very good athlete who was coaching the defense for the middle school that was top notch and a football mind. Now the kid is leaving to go to MBA and Goodpasture will continue to stink. Might as well leave those lights off in that stadium and save some light bill money, lol.

Wow bitter are we. Joslin is a good coach. I saw goodpasture improve this year. Very young team. It will take time. The hiring process is what it is. I'm glad and proud of goodpasture for sticking to this process of hiring C of C coaches. Plus the high school game is much different from the middle school game. Trust me I know been a coach st both levels.

Goodpasture football doesn't deserve a thread. They'll never win a thing because they have an unfair hiring process in which they use to find a coach. They hired a loser to come from another loser over a black young father of a very good athlete who was coaching the defense for the middle school that was top notch and a football mind. Now the kid is leaving to go to MBA and Goodpasture will continue to stink. Might as well leave those lights off in that stadium and save some light bill money, lol.

Tell me what exactly is unfair about the hiring process?

It is a Church of Christ school. They require membership to teach and coach there at the varsity level. That is a known fact going in if you do any research at all. They also require the applicant to be a certified teacher. Nobody just coaches at Goodpasture. In fact most coach at least two sports, some even three. You have to get through these first two indisputable facts to have any chance at all. That is not unfair, that is life. Will dad be the head coach at MBA? Nope. Will Euvarard even let him on the field? Doubt it.