Who has done a better job recruiting this year CPA or Alcoa?

UCSportsFan

Good grief fella. They aren't loaded like many other schools with top Div 1 talent. Don't make it into something it wasn't Booger.

read the post Player......no one said they were loaded like many other schools with top Div 1 talent....as stated in previous post; Booger is a fan of what CPA is doing.........how loaded are they; everyman has to use his own definer to come to that conclusion....dont necessarily mean how many D1 scholarships are coming in the door......they are loaded and dont try to play it all off on just the great coachin crap.......we all know the data about how many recruits were on the mighty Peachtree Ridge team CPA romped in Atlanta last week.....Peachtree Ridge got romped again this weekend by Archer....does that mean Archer has more or less talent than Peachtree Ridge; or is it just good ole coachin.....you probably have the answer to that.......ND had 7 go to the college ranks last year and we could not get past Alcoee.......great un-denyable talent with a staff that cant coach; or a great coach who spends 100's of hours networking colleges all over the country finding athletic money for an average player to play college somewhere....if Fant is on that staff at CPA, there are 7 to 10 kids playing ball every year somewhere at the next level; if they want.....your better in the soccer forum talking bout the middle TN soccer

Booger just sayin soccer_5.gif

read the post Player......no one said they were loaded like many other schools with top Div 1 talent....as stated in previous post; Booger is a fan of what CPA is doing.........how loaded are they; everyman has to use his own definer to come to that conclusion....dont necessarily mean how many D1 scholarships are coming in the door......they are loaded and dont try to play it all off on just the great coachin crap.......we all know the data about how many recruits were on the mighty Peachtree Ridge team CPA romped in Atlanta last week.....Peachtree Ridge got romped again this weekend by Archer....does that mean Archer has more or less talent than Peachtree Ridge; or is it just good ole coachin.....you probably have the answer to that.......ND had 7 go to the college ranks last year and we could not get past Alcoee.......great un-denyable talent with a staff that cant coach; or a great coach who spends 100's of hours networking colleges all over the country finding athletic money for an average player to play college somewhere....if Fant is on that staff at CPA, there are 7 to 10 kids playing ball every year somewhere at the next level; if they want.....your better in the soccer forum talking bout the middle TN soccer

Booger just sayin soccer_5.gif

You addressed my "over talented" comment specifically. Did you even read what the CPA folks said? I'll give you a hint.... it's the same thing I posted and the same thing CPA coaches have said. Their kids play with great effort, intensity and discipline. That is how they've won and will continue to win.

As far as the PR game a CPA parent and son who is one of their better players said "they are so loaded that if they had our coaches they would have killed us."

I think that this is all comical!! Where were all of you knits 20 years ago? Oh wait... the majority of the private schools were in 1A and you didn't have to play them. Nobody cared what "little ol" Trousdale County had to say then. Now that CPA and Catholic have grown up (GCA in Knox will be there shortly), along with OZ Alcoa, you all get a taste of what we have delt with for years.

I can see both sides of the pubic/private debate. But noone has been able to answer this question for me.... How is a county school (1 system), with no open zones, on the same level playing field as a private school or an open zoned school that can "cherry" pick their players? Someone said earlier in the thread... if you build it, they will come. I agree. We've built it. So has all three teams mentioned above. But, in order for them to come to us, they have to relocate. The same cannot be said for the other three.

All that being said...that's not even point I'm trying to make here. You can complain unitl you are blue in the face. We've been there and done that. Now at some point we had a decision to make... Itch and moan, or do something about it. We chose the latter. To get where we wanted to go as a program, we were going to have to outwork the "cherries". And thats what we did (see signature below).

My advise to the rest of 3A... work harder, get better coaches. Instead of worrying about who has recruited who, run some more sprints...shake some more iron. I bet that's what CPA and Alcoa are doing. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

There are 26 seniors on CPA's football roster. 15 have been there since Kindergarten / early elementary. Rest came in middle school. Nothing to hide. No recruiting of players.

Go up and down the roster. There are no impact transfers that came in high school. Parents decide at different ages when they want to enroll their kids. Some come in 6th,7th, 8th. Some come sooner. We have 1-2 that moved to the area in middle school. Normal stuff. Nothing to hide.

This year's senior class has an unusually high number of kids that started in K. Unusual for anyone to attend same school for 13 years much less more than half the seniors.

I just made the point so people didn't think CPA is good in football because of "impact" transfers or recruiting.

Ingle Martin was still playing HS football at MBA when his "impact players" enrolled at CPA in Kindergarten.

Wiseman Giles being wise.  So much respect for Giles County and their community. 

Getting off the bus last two weeks....both teams CPA has played had more talented players than anyone on the CPA roster.  Our kids are good athletes but we have no SEC recruits.  We have several that will play in college but most of our players are just above average athletes coached to play at their highest level and compete as a part of something bigger than  themselves. 

Peachtree Ridge had 12 kids being recruited by ACC/SEC/Big 10 schools.  Knox Catholic had two of the best players in the state committed to SEC and Pac 12 teams and plenty of size and talent at other positions as well.  Plenty of respect for a very good Knox Catholic team. 

CPA has heart, conviction, attitude, work ethic, great coaching and execution.   Our opponents have 7 turnovers against us in first two games....CPA has none.  Our kids bought into the program when Ingle Martin arrived.  Previous two seasons varsity with same caliber athletes went 5-6 and 3-7.   Part of buying in is being committed to a strength and conditioning program during the offseason that is rigorous.  We're reaping the benefits today of kids that have bought in for what is now their 5th season in the program going back to MS football. 

It also means buying into a team concept where stars give up stats to be part of a winning program.  Starters at CPA have to realize they are not going to get their stats padded to impress college coaches.  They are part of something bigger than themselves.  Coaches will recognize the talent and we put kids in college programs but we do not run the score up and substitute liberally if we get a lead. 

The starting QB, both RB's, WRs, TEs, leading tacklers at LB, several OL, etc all started at CPA all started in elementary or middle school BEFORE Ingle Martin was hired as coach. 

No recruiting, no big impact transfers.  Just making the most out of talent that was on the roster. 

I can't beat the drum loud enough.  Just want people to understand what CPA did to build a winner.  It's not sexy and won't generate clicks on a website but it's the truth. 

Once again, sadly, the integrity of the footbal program is being called into question because of their success, and the fact that none of the underlined statements above could be made about CPA's boys basketball team since Maddux has been there. 

Gotcha sport. All of middle TN, the TSSSAA and fans everywhere remembered his comments in the late 80's and 90's. Made his defeats to BA and CPA last year that much more enjoyable. :)

Glad you got the opportunity to enjoy it. Makes me feel a bit better about how miserable you must have been the year before last. Hope you have many more. Enjoy! 😊