Dobyns Bennett Indians (2-1) @ Sevier County Smokey Bears (3-0)

Indian423

Sullivan North has to have the best coaching staff in the area. Just amazing what they do with the limited number of kids they have. Started out the season with 3-0 and the first two wins were over 4A schools. The rest of the coaches in the area should go to the SNH seminar on coaching. BTW Jeremy Harris is a great play caller over there at North. Keep up the good work in Bloomingdale!

It doesn't bother me one bit to burst your bubble considering you're posting this on a DB thread. North has beat three doormats this year, Happy Valley, Volunteer, and Central. All three teams have a combined win total of "1" win. Please get a clue.

BTW, in case any west or middle Tennesseeans are reading this and going "What is the Tri-cities?!?"    let me help you...    The Tri-cities are in the northeast corner of Tennessee and consist of (at the name "Tri" implies) 3 cities, namely Bristol, Kingsport and Gray

Don't start that again! :rolleyes:  Batman and I had this discussion years ago. I still say you go through the vortex somewhere between Morristown and Greeneville on I-81. :huh:

Forget catching Maryville.If Kingsport and the tricities wanted a state championship in football this year,it could have been done with a few moves by a handful of kids and their parents.The coaching staff and a fine 2A program sits right inside of Kingsport { this year but maybe not next } It's not rocket science for a few of the best TH,SS,DB ,SC,SE etc kids to have jumped over and turned North into a 2A powerhouse.North has had some very good teams over the last few years before the drop to 2A.That is and maybe was Kingsports best chance.Not counting them out this year because they are doing pretty darn well as it is.

Like Waco said that could be said about alot of schools. Let's take all the best kids from Greeneville to go play at North Greene or South Greene and they would have state championships every year. No to put down Sullivan North but they are no were close to being close to winning a state championship this year. 3 wins over below avg. Teams. It will be Marion Co. Vs Trezevant in the state championship. Marion returns almost their whole team who made it to state last year and Trezevant moved from 4a to 2a and return half their players that barely lost to Fulton at state last year.

Edited by Swipes

Don't start that again! :rolleyes:  Batman and I had this discussion years ago. I still say you go through the vortex somewhere between Morristown and Greeneville on I-81. :huh:

Please don't lump Greeneville into the tricities. We get more sports publications and respect in the Knoxville papers than tricities papers lol

Like Waco said that could be said about alot of schools. Let's take all the best kids from Greeneville to go play at North Greene or South Greene and they would have state championships every year. No to put down Sullivan North but they are no were close to being close to winning a state championship this year. 3 wins over below avg. Teams. It will be Marion Co. Vs Trezevant in the state championship. Marion returns almost their whole team who made it to state last year and Trezevant moved from 4a to 2a and return half their players that barely lost to Fulton at state last year.

I can see 30 of the Devils leaving to play for North Greene next year.Now,if it meant getting to beat the hail out of Trezevant again,I like to see it happen !

Please don't lump Greeneville into the tricities. We get more sports publications and respect in the Knoxville papers than tricities papers lol

Even bad new out of Knoxville ! I remember Greeneville getting beat at Sevier County in 1977,I think 18-0 or that was SC losing streak one,SC had  not won a game in forever and Greeneville had a very young offense.One of the Knoxville papers at the time had it the next day as the " Bad news Bears"

So how is north supposed be this year .. Looks like they have started off year great !!

I was told early this year was looking better but still trying to fill some key positions. Looks like they are going to be okay. They just play fundamental football: running blocking and tackling. Nothing tricky just pound it out football and gang tackle everybody.