Dresden Lions @ UC Tornadoes (streak ends on Oct 16)

TheReaper

Don't you have a soccer player that can kick PATs? For Pete's sake, it's not that difficult. Kills me that these 1A-2A schools can't find one athlete that can make a PAT. Just bad coaching IMHO. Go find someone that can get it done. There's probably some girl on the softball team that could make 'em.

Soccer boy hasn't been consistent to say the least.

Edited by ProudLionFan

I don't know how many times you have seen UC play this year but let me say that we barely opened the playbook last night. The option was ran maybe two times. The QB only kept the ball once and that was at the end of the game. So if you are sizing up the Tornadoes by what last night then I would say give them another look. However, you are correct but only partially. We are not as good as last year, but neither are most of the teams in 4A. That's not a typo. Last year's team was a once in a half century kind of team. We are better than the 2013 team. As far as Clendinen being no Henry, you are once again to general in your thinking. Did you see that offensive line Henry got to run behind? Need I say more? Now to Moffat. You are simply wrong about that. Once again take the OL from the last two years iinto consideration. This year's line is a very effective and proficient line. I'm not trying to take away from that, but our backs are having to work a little harder for their yards. Stevens is faster and will bowl over people who get in his way. I don't like comparing players from the past with current but given equal ground to stand on, I would take Stevens.

Big is mostly right here. Last years OL was tremendous. This year they are good but very young. Several Sophomores getting the job done for us. I will go on a limb here and say in 2 years UC will have the biggest line in it's history and add to that 2 years experience, Wow! I might get out there and run behind them. Speed has never been a problem for the Tornadoes and probably never will be. UC has a "Program" now. You will see really good years and great years from these teams for the foreseeable future. No ups and downs like many of the teams in our region or state. That can be attributed to the coaching staff and fan support. Everybody wants to be part of a winning program and it will only replicate itself year after year. I agree that the 2014 team was once in a career team for a coach and fan base and we will likely never see a team of that caliber at UC again for a long time, BUT we will have many come very close. 

Edited by fallguy17

Big is mostly right here. Last years OL was tremendous. This year they are good but very young. Several Sophomores getting the job done for us. I will go on a limb here and say in 2 years UC will have the biggest line in it's history and add to that 2 years experience, Wow! I might get out there and run behind them. Speed has never been a problem for the Tornadoes and probably never will be. UC has a "Program" now. You will see really good years and great years from these teams for the foreseeable future. No ups and downs like many of the teams in our region or state. That can be attributed to the coaching staff and fan support. Everybody wants to be part of a winning program and it will only replicate itself year after year. I agree that the 2014 team was once in a career team for a coach and fan base and we will likely never see a team of that caliber at UC again for a long time, BUT we will have many come very close.

Attributed to good coaching fan base and open enrollment for the county doesn't hurt either. Not disrespecting just putting another part of the formula out there that you forgot to mention

Ya what he said!!! Could you imagine the teams Putnam county would have and some of the others if they had open enrollment and they all went to the 1A school in the county!!! WOW total domination!!!

Do we have to discuss this again?  Who cares about UC's open enrollment?  Quit whining and play who is on your schedule.  UC has a great team and it has nothing to do with their enrollment. Kids have bought in to what the coach is selling.  They have tremendous line play and work extremely hard to perfect their offense.  Give credit where credit is do and quit whining. Dang it gets old after a while.