Glencliff player getting suspended?

Swipes

It's called being fair, we have opinions, you have yours.... You're not necessarily right...

Not disagreeing with you. Just some of the things I've seen are absurd. Not whether it was intentional or not, just the excuses circulating or saying the ref is part of the field (he is but that doesn't justify extension of the players arms, etc).

Not disagreeing with you. Just some of the things I've seen are absurd. Not whether it was intentional or not, just the excuses circulating or saying the ref is part of the field (he is but that doesn't justify extension of the players arms, etc).

The ref is part of the field and the ref stated that. If he would have not extended his arms and just ran him over on the way to chasing the ball carrier would you think any of this would have been brought up?

Edited by Swipes

Looked like he took a step toward the red, fully extended his arms and then went on to pursue the play. I thought all along it was intentional. Didn't have the same brutality as the play in TX, but should have never happened. Heard someone say on another thread that the kid was too talk to see the crouched over ref. Sounds to me like there are several people justifying (making excuses for) a very bad decision on a kids part.

Yes, I was the one who said that. I did see it in person I was giving the kid a benefit of the doubt. After I looked back at the video several times and saw his head turned toward the ref and then back up into position, it certainly looked intentional. I do agree that his dad who is the head coach suspending him does say at all. Kudos to him as the head coach and the father. By the way, that kid is also their best player.

I am sure the kid didn't mean to do that there is just no way he meant it, there should be no n punishment as it wasn't his fault, he was just playing hard and the ref got in the way, I think TSSAA should consider giving him the MrFootball award for such hard playing.... High school football use to have intigerty and coaches actually held kids accountable, suspension for a game WOW wouldn't want the kid to feel bad about it, let's just keep giving in to ignorance and allowing the sport to lose more and more respect as it has gotten out of control,

Watched it 4 times....I didn't see anything done by the kid viciously to attack the official.. When you stumble and fall forward your arms come out automatically to brace your fall. He didnt' lead with his shoulder pads or helmet and actually bumped him with his chest and belly...Not defending the kid or the official (cause lord knows we have a few that need to be woken up) but from what I've seen no suspension is warranted..

Watched it 4 times....I didn't see anything done by the kid viciously to attack the official.. When you stumble and fall forward your arms come out automatically to brace your fall. He didnt' lead with his shoulder pads or helmet and actually bumped him with his chest and belly...Not defending the kid or the official (cause lord knows we have a few that need to be woken up) but from what I've seen no suspension is warranted..

HaHa!He moved forward,looked over at the ref then moved back and lined himself up with the ref and ran right to the ref and pushed him down.What video did you watch,i have no tirs whatsoever but come on!This video doesnt show the whole seen.Go to the 1A boards and you will see him move forward then back to align himself with the ref.look for Southtownwers link.Gallatin news.He even speeds up for the impact. Edited by orngnblk