Huntingdon @ Wayne County (Week 10)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

I will eat my plate of crow. WC was definitely the better team tonight.

Would having all the starters in made a difference? Yeah, I think it would have changed the outcome. However, Huntingdon was physically handled at the line and I didn't think that would be the case.

When Pearson went out, there went the passing game and Huntingdon was one dimensional. Not enough weapons left to offset the line play at that point.

And most were predicting over 40 points this game huh?... I think I'll stick with experience and not hype. I was one of the few thinking under 40 with just a few others. These match ups seem to always fall in under 35 or less.

Didn't HHS say they would be OK without Johnson? That they had too many weapons other than him?....

OH btw, which one of you WC boys gonna step up and let me read you say.....

"We beat the team that beat Milan... So in a way... We beat Milan"....😉

Naw... Don't do that, it appears to be nothing to brag about now.... :roflolk:

The so called late hit was not a hit. The player was trying to pick up the lost football, the WC player came in and did a miner push with 2 hands because if he didn't he could have got up and ran with the ball. No whistle had been blown.

You do realize you can't get up and run with the ball in high school.

I don't have stats but I'll bet WC had more penalty yards than HHS. If anything the refs let some holding and block in the backs go unflagged both ways. The biggest amount of penalties against HHS came on the last td run by Rice when they had his head twisted all the way around by his face mask as he crossed the goal line with about five defenders trying to bring him down.

they were trying to rip his head off.........didnt care for that

emotions were high i understand but still

Edited by wboro33

I don't have stats but I'll bet WC had more penalty yards than HHS. If anything the refs let some holding and block in the backs go unflagged both ways. The biggest amount of penalties against HHS came on the last td run by Rice when they had his head twisted all the way around by his face mask as he crossed the goal line with about five defenders trying to bring him down.

I wouldn't doubt it. HHS usually are the biggest excuse makers on CoachT. Glad the weather worked out for everyone tonight. Maybe during the playoffs, we'll just have some clear, cool nights and the rain will stay away.

WC fully dominated Huntingdon tonight. They were the more complete, more physical team. Terribly officiated game, but it didn't really have an impact on the score.

However, anyone that says Huntingdon losing two of their best players in the 1st quarter wasn't a factor in the outcome is kidding themselves. If huntingdon had been healthy, this could've been an ALL time great game. I look forward to the rematch.

Great job 'Cats...bit my tongue at all the "y'all only beat Scotts Hill" remarks for two weeks...aimed at WC, but a slur to our program and the kids who have busted their tails to improve from the doormat that we were for the first four or five years as well...we're not where we want to be yet, but only losing to a great team like WC in the last minute validates us just a little bit...especially when the team doing the chest beating got whipped on the same field. Hope you guys win it all!!! 

Murph's scores are too high IMO ... 31-28 WC.  HHS defense is bound to force Coach Rice to think about kicking a FG.  WC kicker is seasoned and good enough to make the difference.

Like I said Murphy was too high. Both sides have too much defense to allow 40 pts. I just though HHS would make more of a game of it. But that is 1A football...lose one or two key players and you are in bad shape.

Like I said Murphy was too high. Both sides have too much defense to allow 40 pts. I just though HHS would make more of a game of it. But that is 1A football...lose one or two key players and you are in bad shape.

They can blame it on whatever they want to but this game is nowhere near as close as the score. WC shot themselves in the foot on atleast three drives when HHS had no answer.

They can blame it on whatever they want to but this game is nowhere near as close as the score. WC shot themselves in the foot on atleast three drives when HHS had no answer.

was thinking the same thing.......maybe their d was the reason.idk for some reason we were not crisp like we were most of the year.........emotions maybe