Maryville's baby brother vs. CAK

Govolsknox

Here is the issue. Try doing what either of these schools do in Humbolt, Mckenzie, or many other public schools in the state and it is called cheating and you have to forfeit games. So no it is not a lack of knowledge it is an understanding that the TSSAA allows privates and open zone schools to make their own rules. Any one who does not see that has a lack of understanding! So take off the veil and look at things from a different point of view for once.

Humboldt and McKenzie are both open zone.

Where did you get that info? Mckenzie, I really am unsure of. But, I am almost certain that Humboldt is not open zone. As far as kids entering from out side of thier zone. However, Kids may be able to leave humboldt.

I had to double check the online board policy. You are correct about Humboldt. All other schools in Gibson Co. are open zone. Which is one reason why their school population grows smaller every year.

As for McKenzie they are open zone. Go to their homepage. Click the link on the left hand side titled "Manuals/Plans/RFPS". Then click on "School District Policy Manual". Ithe policy is list under the "Students" section. It is 6.204 "Attendance of Non-Resident Students". It tells how the non resident (out of zone) student can attend with superintendents approval and payment of a tuition. Same thing that Alcoa, Maryville, and dozens of other schools across the state do.

Are these 2 of the areas that are technically "open zone" but realistically, they don't have any quantity of out of zone players?

Humboldt doesn't have many if any. I can't speak for McKenzie but I would think not.

What I said is not meant to be a slight against Alcoa, Maryville or any open zone school. For Pete sake my team is open zone as are a majority of the public schools in TN. I just grow tired of all the belly aching about a few schools that have success and are open zone when there are a vast majority of of open zone schools that are mediocre at best in football. Much the way I am sure you grow tire of hearing that privates supposedly cheat. These teams are playing by the rules. If people don't like the rules that is one thing but don't teams that are doing nothing wrong should be left out if the conversation.

Humboldt doesn't have many if any. I can't speak for McKenzie but I would think not.

What I said is not meant to be a slight against Alcoa, Maryville or any open zone school. For Pete sake my team is open zone as are a majority of the public schools in TN. I just grow tired of all the belly aching about a few schools that have success and are open zone when there are a vast majority of of open zone schools that are mediocre at best in football. Much the way I am sure you grow tire of hearing that privates supposedly cheat. These teams are playing by the rules. If people don't like the rules that is one thing but don't teams that are doing nothing wrong should be left out if the conversation.

+1 ðŸ‘

I can't speak for others, but:

1. I have consistently stated that Alcoa is a classy program and runs a clean program, and to the best of my knowledge, have never broken any rule whatsoever.

2. My issue has always been that the TSSAA is inconsistent. In some cases, they worry about "leveling the playing field" (multiplier for D1 privates, separating out privates that offer scholarships into D2, and dividing the schools into different divisions based on student population. and now removing privates all together) while in other cases, such as the open zone issue, they ignore a similar issue of a school having an abnormal population from which to draw student athletes. It is the TSSAA's inconsistency that I have criticized.

I am not trying to start that debate here. But since you addressed your response to me, I wanted to be clear on what I've asserted and what I haven't.