Henry County @ Centennial

redblooded

I watched the Centennial game on Friday night lights. They were a tough all around team but what I noticed was their Offense depended about 60 to 70 percent on the back of #25 a very big strong boy that runs hard with average speed but a huge heart! The Qb was pretty good and receivers decent! The Defense was stout but not any better than yours from what I've heard! The special teams are worthy better than average! I haven't seen u guys play all I know is what I've read on here and seen on the news highlights but I think this game will come down to the end. A defensive struggle whoever comes up with the big turnovers and big plays which could be either of u guys! Bring ur lunch pales boys it's gunna be a hot one! My guess...

Centennial    Henry Co.

Let u know later in the week after a little banter! Hahaha!

Whose your team oldfan? I didn't review the numbers, but does it seem that the Cougars are a 60/40 run v. pass team? Also, doesn't #25 also play linebacker - a both ways player?

Yes if everything is going well, Centennial prefers to be run-first. Don't know his number, but I believe your talking about Tyrel Dodson, who is a beast on both sides of the ball. 2nd best LB in the state, IMO

Centennial will have to find a way to score through the air. The ole "run to set up the pass" philosophy doesn't work against this HC defense. On the other hand, the HC offense MUST get creative to be able to put some drives together. In the championship years, HC had great defenses, but they were stout because the offenses were able to put together 10-12 play drives and give them time to rest, for the most part. This team has to find a way to do the same. With all that being said, I predict....HC 10 Centennial 7...OT

Centennial will have to find a way to score through the air. The ole "run to set up the pass" philosophy doesn't work against this HC defense. On the other hand, the HC offense MUST get creative to be able to put some drives together. In the championship years, HC had great defenses, but they were stout because the offenses were able to put together 10-12 play drives and give them time to rest, for the most part. This team has to find a way to do the same. With all that being said, I predict....HC 10 Centennial 7...OT

Centennial is run-oriented, but it does not mean they're predictable in how they run it. Centennial will use the perimeter to try and get the edge, they certainly have the athletes to do so. I do agree that it should be a low scoring game

I have seen them both play.  The only way Henry loses is if Centennial can stop the run. Centennial has an SEC linebacker and he is the real deal....something will have to give in this battle.

Special teams - Edge ?

Running Game - Edge Henry County

Passing Game - Big Edge Centennial

Rushing Defense - Edge Henry County

Passing Defense - Edge Centennial

Overall Speed - Edge Centennial

Overall Size/Strength - Edge Henry County

Coaching - Edge Henry County

Most wine is Red ! I say Henry by a 1-3 points

I have seen them both play. The only way Henry loses is if Centennial can stop the run. Centennial has an SEC linebacker and he is the real deal....something will have to give in this battle.

Special teams - Edge ?

Running Game - Edge Henry County

Passing Game - Big Edge Centennial

Rushing Defense - Edge Henry County

Passing Defense - Edge Centennial

Overall Speed - Edge Centennial

Overall Size/Strength - Edge Henry County

Coaching - Edge Henry County

Most wine is Red ! I say Henry by a 1-3 points

Surely the coaching advantage doesn't go to Henry Co with a first year HC does it? Rector has won a state title as a HC..

If HC can hold down the points from Centennials passing game and take care of the ball they will get the win. They will have to come out firing on all cylinders. The first team to double digits probably wins this game.

Henry County 17 - Centennial 14

Go Patriots!!!!!

Edited by redblooded

A link to a video with Centennials head coach was posted on Facebook under Henry County Quarterback Club. He seems like a pretty classy guy that speaks highly of Henry County and IS NOT taking us lightly. Henry County needs to come out with a huge fire under them on Friday night.

Go Patriots

Edited by redblooded

HC will be able to run the ball and control (shorten) the game. Centennial will not be able to run the ball, get frustrated, and be forced to throw every down. This will be the difference. Plus HC's superior kicking game will be the cherry on top. I'm going to change my prediction because HC will block a punt, scoop and score. My new prediction is HC 17 Cent. 7.