Henry County @ Centennial

redblooded

I don't disagree with that at all. HC has played Ravenwood a number of times in the past. They are definitely a great 6A team. And yes, homefield advantage is normally a difference. However, you may or may not know that Henry County Faithful normally try to equalize that effect. Probably won't be the case Friday night, but we normally bring as many (usually even more) fans as the home team has. It is going to be an interesting game no doubt. I'm really getting excited for this one!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Longtime Oakland fan, I've been to Henry Co. so we'll aware of what they will bring. I was speaking more to Centennial, having the familiarity of their home confines in this matchup

Based on what I read, Centennial was only up on Brentwood by 7 late in the third and Brentwood had the ball. A blocked punt and onside kick opened the game up.

I agree that Centennial will be the best team HC has faced and HC will have to play very well to win.

Brentwood's D was pretty good, HC passed maybe 5 times all game, Brentwood knew HC was going to run the ball and they still did not stop it when it counted.

17 points will probably win this one.

Prior to the blocked punt, Centennial fumbled at the BHS 5 yd line so in essence, one turnover offset the other.  As for the onside kick, they still had to drive 45-50 yards for the score that put them up 24-3.

Edited by BT Mafia

Longtime Oakland fan, I've been to Henry Co. so we'll aware of what they will bring. I was speaking more to Centennial, having the familiarity of their home confines in this matchup

I've heard many coaches say they like going on the road because it takes away a lot of distractions. Obviously I wish we had CHS at home, but I bet there will be enough HC fans to negate most of the "homefield advantage".

I've heard many coaches say they like going on the road because it takes away a lot of distractions. Obviously I wish we had CHS at home, but I bet there will be enough HC fans to negate most of the "homefield advantage".

Think it really just depends on the team and the situation. Playing at home helps calm any nerves a team may have.

If everybody supported their team like Henry Co. does, HS football in this state would be ALOT better off

A lot of confidence there, the funny thing is your predictions are usually miles off.

Prediction for Rossview Game....HC 35-Ross. 0. Final Score...HC 37-Ross. 0. If not for the safety, right on.  Predicted HC would beat Dickson by 43....HC 63-Dickson 27. Off by a touchdown. I will give you Brentwood...way off there. But I would say that the last three games, for the most part, my predictions have been inches off, not miles.

Well, we're about 24+ hours away from the game of the week/month/year! Does anybody have the average rushing yds per game for the Big Red Defense? It doesn't seem to be an easy stat to find, though I thought it should be. Seems that Centennial is avg about 50yds per game. Could be a juggernaut if both teams play their best defensive games! Ready for this one...

Go Big RED!!!

Well, we're about 24+ hours away from the game of the week/month/year! Does anybody have the average rushing yds per game for the Big Red Defense? It doesn't seem to be an easy stat to find, though I thought it should be. Seems that Centennial is avg about 50yds per game. Could be a juggernaut if both teams play their best defensive games! Ready for this one...

Go Big RED!!!

With those two defenses, home field gives Centennial the advantage in a 3-2 win. :rolleyes:

Prediction for Rossview Game....HC 35-Ross. 0. Final Score...HC 37-Ross. 0. If not for the safety, right on. Predicted HC would beat Dickson by 43....HC 63-Dickson 27. Off by a touchdown. I will give you Brentwood...way off there. But I would say that the last three games, for the most part, my predictions have been inches off, not miles.

And you will off again this week.